“Tacos are great!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Tacos are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We enjoyed the tacos! Our whole family ate about 15. We would go here again.

Visited December 2011

“Best Mexican food plates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011 via mobile

I really love their food. Every time I have dinner there I am never disappointed! My favorite are the enchiladas, nothing tops their amazing sauces.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tulare, California
“Sorry to have to drop my rating on Que Pasa”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is my second review of this restaurant and I am afraid I cannot give them any more than two stars this time. My husband and I love *some* of the food there (their fajitas and tamales, for example), but their refried beans are horrible. In fact, "horrible" would be an understatement. When a restaurant specializes in ethnic food and they consitantly serve an inedible staple from their menu, you know they have a problem. How difficult is it to prepare refried beans??? Que Pasa's beans are a disgustingly pale grey and so watery they spread all over the plate. They have served us flavorless, watery refried beans, not just once, but every time we have eaten there over the past couple years. We've complained, and I am sure others have also, but it never changes. A month or so ago, we took out of town company to dinner there and I forgot to tell them not to order the refried beans. Sure enough, they were inedible and it rather put a damper on an otherwise pretty good meal. It's sad when people come from Missouri to the Central Valley and get inedible Mexican food! I WANT to like Que Pasa, because the atmosphere is nice and some of their food is very good, but my husband and I have given up on them until they get their refried bean problem straightened out. There are other good Mexican restaurants in this town that know how to prepare beans.

Visited September 2011
Central California
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Very good Fajitas. Good atmosphere. Helpful & attentive service. We always stop here for a meal when on a road trip down hwy 99.

• Visited October 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tulare, California
“I think they broke my tastebuds...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

It's a bad sign for a Mexican restaurant when Taco Bell makes better refried beans than you do. And believe me, Que Pasa makes some horrible refried beans. They taste like they are out of a can.

I ordered nachos, and the beans were not the only culinary sin Que Pasa committed, unfortunately. The chips, although not burned looking, certainly tasted burned. I think perhaps they were cooked in some bad oil. I requested no onions, so Que Pasa very helpfully gave me lots of onions, then dumped plenty of sauce over the top so that I couldn't see them until I took a big bite. Super.

The rest of the nachos didn't get much better. The tomatoes and peppers both appeared to be canned as well, and the meat had no flavor. And the quacamole had even more onions.

To add insult to injury, the service was terrible. I didn't get a refill on my drink until I requested it, and some members of my party never got a refill at all.

My favorite part is that the speakers were loudly blaring a radio station that was barely coming in. So I spent the entire meal with static blasted at me.

So next time you want Mexican food in Tulare, try one of the authentic taquerias. Because the only thing pleasant about Que Pasa was getting to leave.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere