“Good Mexican Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Central California
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Very good Fajitas. Good atmosphere. Helpful & attentive service. We always stop here for a meal when on a road trip down hwy 99.

• Visited October 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Tulare, California
“I think they broke my tastebuds...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

It's a bad sign for a Mexican restaurant when Taco Bell makes better refried beans than you do. And believe me, Que Pasa makes some horrible refried beans. They taste like they are out of a can.

I ordered nachos, and the beans were not the only culinary sin Que Pasa committed, unfortunately. The chips, although not burned looking, certainly tasted burned. I think perhaps they were cooked in some bad oil. I requested no onions, so Que Pasa very helpfully gave me lots of onions, then dumped plenty of sauce over the top so that I couldn't see them until I took a big bite. Super.

The rest of the nachos didn't get much better. The tomatoes and peppers both appeared to be canned as well, and the meat had no flavor. And the quacamole had even more onions.

To add insult to injury, the service was terrible. I didn't get a refill on my drink until I requested it, and some members of my party never got a refill at all.

My favorite part is that the speakers were loudly blaring a radio station that was barely coming in. So I spent the entire meal with static blasted at me.

So next time you want Mexican food in Tulare, try one of the authentic taquerias. Because the only thing pleasant about Que Pasa was getting to leave.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love their steak Fajitas. The only complaint I have ever had is that sometimes the food isn't delivered to the table...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

I love their steak Fajitas. The only complaint I have ever had is that sometimes the food isn't delivered to the table hot. That is one of my pet peeves at any restaurant. Occasionally they are a bit slow also, but when the food is exceptionally good, it is worth the wait.

Porterville
“favorite mex in Tulare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

wife and i had a fajita. it was large enough that we split it and took some home. salsa is very good.

Tulare, CA
“Yummy food, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

The atmosphere is great, the food is very yummy and the service is good. What more could you ask for?!?!

Been to Que Pasa Mexican Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Que Pasa Mexican Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.