“Like a kid in a candy store!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vallarta supermarket mexican food

No photo provided
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 89 restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Mexican
texas
“Like a kid in a candy store!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the deli and bakery section. There was so much to choose from! There were various types of desserts, mexican bread, fruit beverages, cakes and different types of mexican food. The soft tacos were good and the strawberries and cream were delicious! The prices seemed a little steep but that might just be California.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“What an interesting place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were looking to pick up some food for lunch to eat when we got to Sequoia NP. We had limited cooler space so we had to be careful. The clerk at the La Quinta Inn suggested we go here and what a surprise. We knew it was a Mexican supermarket but I didn't know quite what to expect.
They had a variety of cut up fruit that you can buy by the pound or pre-packaged. Not much in the way of sandwiches. They had a selection of breads and big cookies. The bread was good but the cookie- not so much.
They had a whole selection of hot foods to choose from - and I couldn't quite tell what some of the stuff was! I would have try some of it if we were going to eat it right away but lunch was a few hours away and we didn't have a way to heat it up. oh well.
The way they displayed the fresh fruit & vegetables and the meat in the meat dept was very eye-pleasing.
I would go back if I was in the area again. It's a chain so we went to another one later on in our trip. It was the same setup.

Visited June 2013
Pforzheim
“Great supermarket experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I didn't use the deli section they had, but I was impressed by the overall look of the supermarket. Everything was extremely clean, and employees made sure that it stayed that way. I have never seen fruit and vegetables stacked up that neatly! Really great to see that. They also had a lot of Mexican items, which was amazing, because I looked for some variety. We also tried some of the bakery goods which were very good. At the same time, prices were cheap. If I was in the area again, I would prefer Vallarta over any Walmart!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Racism”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I went there yesterday because of the food after a long day and driving 2 hours to Tulare where im from. I was the second and last person in line to order, there was a mexican gentleman in front of me, after the cashier ( Mexican) girl around 4ish pm took his order she seen that I was next to order she then took off and didn't come back to take my order. I was just there waiting like an idiot, then another girl came and asked if I'v been helped and took my order. If your NOT Mexican do not go THERE cause you will get ignore.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Porterville, California
“Great Supermarket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This store is always spotless. They have a good variety of grocery items and numerous ethnic items that cannot be found elsewhere. They also have a deli with many food selections and they're instore made flour tortillas are great!

Visited December 2012

Been to Vallarta supermarket mexican food? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Vallarta supermarket mexican food, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.