“Nice restaurant, just missed the mark” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 90 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: American
Santa Clarita, California
“Nice restaurant, just missed the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a very nice, fancy restaurant, however on the day I went I had a wrap and for some reason, it was extremely greasy. I've heard good things about this place, so I assume I just got a bad one. One of the others in my party had the exact same experience though.

Visited July 2013

tulare
“Wonderful food but slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The braised short ribs, wine selections, and pizzas are all wonderful! But, the service is just way too slow. Friendly and helpful but waited an hour for our food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fountain Valley, California
“Very good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife had a grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries; I had a grilled combo platter that featured a choice of three items. I chose salmon, shrimp, and chicken. For both of us the meal was delicious. Servings are a bit too generous; I only had room left for a few bites of chicken. Prices are what you'd expect for an upscale restaurant.

Visited May 2013
Visalia, California
“Good food and good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here yesterday and were very well pleased. I Had the turkey bacon avocado croissant. It was delicious and priced right. I had coffee for my drink and it was a rich tasting strong coffee, which I love. I would recommend this as an excellent place to eat. My wife had a grilled Thai chicken wrap which she enjoyed as well.

Porterville, California
“just not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

went here with a large group of people

had the louisiana shrimp with fettichini
the shrimp were to be blackend and served over fettichini with olive oil, basil and tomatoes

what came out was shrimp that were charred with little to no seasoning,
fettichini that tasted like it was boiled in unsalted water (very bland) and tossed with
a premade pesto sauce with chunks of tomatoes - it was bad - imagine hospital food level bad

and the decor of the place? it looks like a bad attempt at a 1980s holiday inn cocktail lounge

no sir I did not like it and wont be back

• Visited December 2012