“Great stay, exceeded my expecations.” 5 of 5 stars

Charter Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1016 East Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Napa, CA
“Great stay, exceeded my expecations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We checked in late at night for an overnight stay while travelling. The hotel was near the freeway exit, but not right on the highway, which I liked. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows. I had no issues with the room. The breakfast was easy, and there was a good selection for an expanded continental breakfast, including waffles and eggs and bacon. The employees seemed to refill items as soon as they ran low. Check out was easy and I had no problems with anything. I would look forward to staying there again when I pass that way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay if you want to unclog your own toilet. I came
back one night to find my toilet was clogged and called the front desk. They told me they would bring a plunger right up! They delivered the plunger to my room with a smile and told me to "have a good night", while I stood there stunned. This is also a great place to stay if you want things stolen from you, little things like toothpaste, newly purchased bottled water from the vending machine , and expensive makeup. There was a large group of us staying here for an event being held in town. Upon checkout we all started chatting and found many of us had things taken. I complained at the front desk, I'm sure they don't care. No kind of compensation or effort to right the wrongs were offered. However, the free breakfast was good, and the rate was reasonable. It's a good thing because I had to stop on the way home to buy more toothpaste!

• Stayed July 2012
Arvin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stay in the Visalia area once a month for Bible classes. The hotel looks nice especially when you considered the price that I paid (priceline). The room was clean and spacious. It came with a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good. Waffles, eggs, potatoes, cereal, bacon, oatmeal, pastries and juices. The breakfast room is big enough to fit 5-6 people and there were about 15 tables to eat at. I did not visit the pool or walk around the hotel. Coffee is decent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Kind of weird decor, but it was relatively clean and nice enough. Staff was helpful. Fitness room was small

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here just one night. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and spacious. The beds were also comfortable. Everything in the room seemed to be like new. The room we had even had a ceiling fan. The fitness center was basic but had what we needed. The breakfast in the morning was more than expected, waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit and much more. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was the perfect stop on our CA road trip near the National Parks. Not sure if it would be wise for actually visiting the parks but we stopped here on our way back home. Clean, simple, big rooms and good breakfast. Great choice for us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is the second time our family has stayed here. I was in a regular room. My folks in a handicapped room. Wonderful in both cases. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast and the appetizer bar in the evening was very nice... We will stay here again! Thanks

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Charter Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!