“Excellent value and location!” 5 of 5 stars

Charter Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1016 East Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274   |
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Marina del Rey, California
“Excellent value and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed on our way to Kings Canyon National Park. You would pay twice the price for this hotel in a larger city! It has a large lobby/breakfast area with tea and coffee always available. Its clean and well appointed. The room was comfortable. Lots of nice toiletries. We missed the free breakfast because we got in late and slept late.

Another feature I really liked was the business rooms available. I plan to return here to meet with clients in the future. A truly excellent value.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple

Campinas, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

My name is Haroldo Lopes and I was a hotel guest on sep-14th.

I was deeply offended by the treatment received by the front desk employee named BLANKA [ ---- ]

During the check out time I was accused of not being honest with the hotel, based on a presentation of a receipt that was supposed to be mine and was issued with mistake by another hotel employee in someone's else name.

Instead of checking the facts, the unprepared employee hurried to the conclusion I was not honest and was trying to use someone's else receipt in order to avoid payment.

As we tried to convince her about the facts, her poor rationing went to the direction that we had a scheme with the guest of the room that appears in the receipt wrongly given to me, reinforcing her conclusions that I was not acting in an honest manner.

I was deeply offended.

I am a 53 years old man and honorable person. Never been through a situation like this before.

I suggest the front desk employee BLANCA [ ---- ] should go through some work training, to avoid situations like this. RESPECT the guests.

Stayed September 2015, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Haroldocl
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2015

We stopped in Tulare for a couple of nights on our way from LA to Sequoia National Park. The hotel is nice, nothing special, but clean and comfortable.

We where three, my husband my teenaged daughter and me. As soon as we arrived we asked the front desk for an extra towel and sheets and help with the sofa bed.

The temp was 101, so while my husband rested at the room, my daughter and I decided to relax by the pool.....well, relaxing wasn't that easy on a pool surrounded by trucks

We were exhausted so we went out for dinner and when we came back asked if everything was ready in the room . Even though they assured us several times that it was,to our dismay, it wasn't. So we had to call the front desk again and wait until they brought everything to make the sofa bed bed....the extra towel never came.

For breakfast they have a nice variety but I would have loved to have more fruit, specially in the middle of California.

All in all, it works for a stop on the road.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria M
Poznań
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2015

Clean spacious room with big, comfortable bed. Good choice of food for breakfast. Location: close to shopping malls of Tulare, around one hour of driving from Sequoia National Park. Small outdoor pool with heated jacuzzi. Very frail, virtually non-existing WiFi. Half a century ago USA sent a man to the Moon: delivering a decent broadband connection fifty years later in the very middle of California shouldn't be a problem, but apparently it is. Also toiletries were not replenished during our stay (two nights). Overly good impression but plenty of room for improvement.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Michal_Babilas
Corydon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2015

The room was clean and the beds and pillows were nice. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom and there was a lg, round extendable magnifying mirror on the bathroom wall. Very nice for close-up grooming. We did not like the tub mat. Yuck!

The breakfast was good with biscuits, gravy, muffins, bagels, waffles, cereals and fruit.
The OJ was a lot better than in other motels.

We would def stay again.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank hoosierLady68
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2015

Center Tulare, 30 miles away from entrance to the Park. Friendly and efficient reception, nice size AC room, with fridge & microwave, full spacious bathroom, coffee maker and TV. Breakfast good variety options was included. Definitely a place we would return to when in the area.

Room Tip: Popular hotel, get to breakfast before 8