“Price Gouging Dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1183 N. Blackstone Street, Tulare, CA 93274 (Formerly Tulare Days Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Tulare
“Price Gouging Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Charged $410/night during the Tulare Farm Show for a room with patched holes in the bathroom door, patched holes from prior towel racks, towels that were the size of hand towels and as abrasive as sandpaper, a TV that made howling noises and wouldn't pick up stations, beds that were like a pile of lumps. Red Roof Corporate should be ashamed to be associated with this type of price gouging.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel completely
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Socorro, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't recommend anyone to stay here. The room was dirty, little water pressure, bedspread had stains and holes, took over 5 minutes to get hot water, no shampoo, coffee maker or glasses/cups. The pool needed attention as well as the property

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a horrible experience. This place is a terrible transient hotel with sketchy people. The lobby smells of urine. The staff is helpful but the manager is argumentative and hostile and less than accommodating.

The rooms smell of smoke. My door appeared to have been pounded in. Their were holes in the walls. Floor had not been vacuumed.

After arrival, I immediately requested a new room. I viewed 2 others that were also terrible. As a single female, I did not feel safe staying here and would not recommend this hotel to women travelers.

This would be a perfect hotel if you are renting by the hour, doing drugs or participating in other illicit activities.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I strongly DO NOT recommend this hotel.. STAY AWAY! My friend and I booked for one night after a long drive from Yosemite National Park. The front desk staff was rude. There was drug dealing in the parking lot, and the elevator and room smelled like cigarette even though we asked for a non smoking room. There were stains on the bed sheets. Not to mention that this is completely false advertisement; we did NOT have a flat screen tv like it mentioned that we would get. We instead had a big box tv with only 3 working channels. We tried to make the best of it since we were only staying there for one night. My friend then noticed BIG roaches when getting out of the shower. We then inspected the room and found about 6 more roaming the room. Scared that they would go in our luggage, we grabbed our stuff and notified the front desk clerk. She did not seem surprised when we told her that there were roaches in our room. She did offer another room for us, but at this point we were just done with this hotel! We booked a room at Best Western. For ten dollars more we got a nice CLEAN room and good breakfast. The only good thing about this experience is that I did get my full refund.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I need to let You know first and foremost that I had a very bad experience almost a year ago when I tried to rent a room here and didn't plan to ever come back ,I am so glad that I gave it one more try because thanks to the new People working here Especially Kimberley I can say not only will I be coming back I will be recommending the Red Roof Inn to all My Friends as well.Your rooms where the cleanest and comfortable too

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The room we stayed in was very clean. This is by far, one of the best hotels I have personally stayed in. The manager, Kimberly, was very courteous, and helped us find the best room for my family. We will certainly stay here again!!!

Room Tip: exellent,i would recommend all to stay here
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The staff here are very helpful ROCKY worked tiressly to find a room for us were thr wireless internet worked and got a frig and microwave from another room so our food wouldnt spoil and the manager KIMBERLY was instrumental in helping him help us will always stay here when in town.
jo and lesley cole

Room Tip: rooms over office are best
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!