“Great place with a great price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1183 N. Blackstone Street, Tulare, CA 93274 (Formerly Tulare Days Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
“Great place with a great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy with this place. I like the decor a lot. Very comfortable bed and the lady who checked me in was very nice. Only downside was I couldn't connect to the interenet but it was late anyway and I needed to sleep. Definitely use the do not disturb sign or housekeeping will come in not once but twice. Love this place and will be back again :)

• Stayed January 2013
Rose D, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Falynn89;

Red Roof Inn we strive to make every stay the best stay. Let me appologize for the internet connection, I will be sure to have our maintenance department follow up with that, we'd love to have you back soon !

Best Regards;

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked this hotel for $35 a night and the review is based accordingly.

The hotel was recently updated and was very clean. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the room was very spacious.

If you are wanting something much nicer than this, be ready to pay close to double. This is one of the nicest $35 a night hotel I have ever stayed in. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Redroof T, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm over our Hotel. We greatly appreciate your business! Please come back and see us soon.

Jennifer G.
Admin Assistant
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We traveled from Arizona and booked 3 rooms for a family function. This hotel is in serious need of an upgrade/renovation. Our room was not clean (hair in the bath tub, dirty towels in the room, trash on the floor), the light fixtures were broken and the towel racks were coming out of the wall. The other two rooms had similar issues. The staff was VERY nice, so it made the trip bearable. We will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for being so honest in your review. I do sincerely apologize for the condition that your room was in. Please know that this was not up to our standards and we are doing our best to find solutions so that this does not occur again in the future. We hope that in the future you will rethink giving Red Roof Tulare another chance to serve your needs.

Jennifer G.
Admin Assistant
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The room was spacious, neat, tidy and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The sink area was large so very handy to put your stuff there. The free wifi in the room was a bit weak, in the lobby it was much better. The hotel staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was simple but ok. The hotel lobby is pretty large and modern. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed September 2012
Lori M, Internet Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
First, I want to thank you again for choosing our hotel! I appreciate your comments, and hope that you choose us again in the future! I did forward your comments on to our maintenance staff so that should you return, it will not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I always go here with my girlfriend on the weekends, an the reason why I always fin myself going back is because of how friendly the front desk is. I have been helped by the same person every week that I have stayed here. Her name is Vanessa and she always checks me into my room. What caught my eye the first time was that unlike other places I was immediately greeted with a smile and everything that I needed to make my stay here even better Vanessa made sure that it was taken care of. I come here every weekend and I always come back because she has built a client relationship with myself and I know that every night is going to be like the first, and she is the reason we always come back.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel. I appreciate your comments and we are very thankful to have Vanessa as an employee. We strive to make every guest feel like you did during their visit. We may be an economy hotel, but we strive to give four star service.

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel,

cockeysville, md
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

It was inexpensive, but not the least in the area. They said they had high-speed wireless in the room -- not. However, I was moved to a room above the lobby were I could get wireless. They seem nice and try to be accommodating, but don't really seem to know and understand the hospitality business. They were going to let me leave over fixing a relatively minor problem...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lori M, Internet Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
First I want to thank you for your business. I also want to thank you for your comments, as it is reviews like yours that keep us getting growing and learning.

I talked to the Guest Service Representative that I believe helped you, she remembered your situation, and asked her to make sure when helping a guest to make sure to go the extra mile, and to make sure they feel like we want the guests business. I also informed her manager to make sure she more customer service training and to make sure a situation like this does not happen again.

I apologize that they made you feel like we were willing to let you leave unhappy, that is not our goal. We want guests to leave satisfied and happy with their stay.

Cathedral City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It appears that this older property is trying to get better. But, in the meantime, the room is decorated with old furniture that looks like it has been painted with a brush--all black. None of the furnishings remotely resemble the usual, standard Red Roof furnishings.
Here's what happened when I checked in with my wife and daughter, two rooms. 1) the key would not unlock the door 2) the desk clerk came and was unable to unlock the door, so she changed rooms 3) the other room in the reservation was not made up--no sheets on beds, a mess 4) the desk clerk changed the room. This was just at check in. When I moved the bath mat from the tub to the floor, a small roach was on the bath mat. I killed it and did not see any more.
The motel is old, beat-up, and out-dated. A real downer if you are expecting a Red Roof Inn experience.

Room Tip: There are better choices in the neighborhood.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lori M, at Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your criticism and I apologize that you had such a unsatisfactory experience.

I have talked with the desk clerk in question and she has been trained now to make sure that she chooses appropriate rooms. We have also worked with the Head of Housekeeping to make sure that rooms that are marked clean in our system are clean.

We are currently renovating and going through the rooms to update the furniture. The owners are in the process of buying the appropriate items for the brand, but unfortunately they take awhile to arrive, and to order since Red Roof Inn is a growing brand.

The property has a contract with a local exterminator, and when we called this about this they came and sprayed. Our last visit was yesterday August 27th 2012. We informed him of the bug issue that was found so that this will not happen again.

I want to apologize again for your bad experience, and I want to thank you for reviewing. It is comments like yours that help us learn and become a better property.

Lori Mann

Been to Red Roof Inn Tulare-Downtown/Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!