“Great Cheese Curds” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Cheese Curds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stopped by this restaurant while checking out the outlet malls in Tulare, they were smoking some tri-tip in front of the restaurant which is what caught my attention. I had a tri-tip sandwich which was quite good but not spectacular, however the beer battered cheese curds were excellent. I love cheese curds and have never had them this way, certainly worth a try.

Visited October 2013

79% Recommend
Ventura, Cal
“Worth a side trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Bravo farms is maybe a pleasant ride of about 30-40 minutes north of Tulare and is an interesting place to visit. The cheese offerings were excellent and we were able to sample before making any purchases.There is a restaurant, petting zoo for children, wine bar, and artisan cheese shop. We did not eat in the restaurant but did spend time browsing the assortment of cheeses, foodstuffs, and other odds and ends which were available for purchase. Cheeses are excellent and make nice gifts.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Modesto
“Nothing Special to Eat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped for dinner about 7:30. We were seated inside because it was so hot. They do have outside dining. My husband ordered the 3 enchiladas and I ordered bbq ribs with corn on cob and mac&cheese. My husband said the beef and the chicken enchilada were just so-so. The cheese enchilada was good plus he liked the rice and beans. My ribs were ok, tender. The 1/2 ear of corn tasted funny and was dripping with oil or something and I've never had mac&cheese made with mostly milk or liquid. The elbow noodles were swimming in that liquid. My son loves mac&cheese but this time he left it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“Can you really eat a whole salad?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A friend had spotted this place while shopping at the outlet malls and I was a little skeptical when I realized it was a stand-in-line, buffet-style event - however when I saw the care they were taking building a salad à la carte I began to be impressed.

My companion wisely suggested that we share a tri-tip sandwich. Again this was beautifully presented, already cut in quarters. An order of beer-battered onion rings (well it is near Visalia) and two beers rounded off a "stuffed thanks" dinner - and my friend even took home enough salad for his lunch the following day.

The one reservation we had was the price of wine. Californian wine $9 a glass! Are you serious? I would want a good wine for $9 a bottle - no more than 80 miles from the vineyards! The beer at $4 was a much more acceptable choice.
The staff was cheery even late in the evening - even the one we had to request stop sweeping the floor near our table. What is it in the US that we accept chairs being stacked on tables and staff sweeping the place up while customers are still eating? That would likely get a European waiter his marching orders.
We will certainly visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, California
“Salad and Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

So the tri tip salad is very good and with one of their dressings it gets even better. Beer, wine, and a good time.

Visited August 2013