“Nothing Special to Eat!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: American
Modesto
“Nothing Special to Eat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped for dinner about 7:30. We were seated inside because it was so hot. They do have outside dining. My husband ordered the 3 enchiladas and I ordered bbq ribs with corn on cob and mac&cheese. My husband said the beef and the chicken enchilada were just so-so. The cheese enchilada was good plus he liked the rice and beans. My ribs were ok, tender. The 1/2 ear of corn tasted funny and was dripping with oil or something and I've never had mac&cheese made with mostly milk or liquid. The elbow noodles were swimming in that liquid. My son loves mac&cheese but this time he left it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Palm Springs, California
“Can you really eat a whole salad?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A friend had spotted this place while shopping at the outlet malls and I was a little skeptical when I realized it was a stand-in-line, buffet-style event - however when I saw the care they were taking building a salad à la carte I began to be impressed.

My companion wisely suggested that we share a tri-tip sandwich. Again this was beautifully presented, already cut in quarters. An order of beer-battered onion rings (well it is near Visalia) and two beers rounded off a "stuffed thanks" dinner - and my friend even took home enough salad for his lunch the following day.

The one reservation we had was the price of wine. Californian wine $9 a glass! Are you serious? I would want a good wine for $9 a bottle - no more than 80 miles from the vineyards! The beer at $4 was a much more acceptable choice.
The staff was cheery even late in the evening - even the one we had to request stop sweeping the floor near our table. What is it in the US that we accept chairs being stacked on tables and staff sweeping the place up while customers are still eating? That would likely get a European waiter his marching orders.
We will certainly visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, California
“Salad and Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

So the tri tip salad is very good and with one of their dressings it gets even better. Beer, wine, and a good time.

Visited August 2013
Tann, Germany
“Really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The place is located at the outlet mall in Tulare. The food is really good especially the salads. They got some beer there, too. One of the guys even speaks German. There is also a Bravo Farms restaurant in Visalia wich is just as good if not even better.

Visited July 2013
Caliente, CA
“I'll visit again..........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife travels the Central Valley of California for business so I decided to go out on the road with her. One of her stops was in Tulare and she told me about Bravo Farms as she has been here before. We decided to have lunch and I must say, there were no regrets. Good food and reasonably priced. The place was crowded and it was 1:30 in afternoon. The inside was clean and the service was good. If I ever hit the road with my wife again and we travel through Tulare I'm sure we'll stop here again. You won't be sorry.

• Visited July 2013