“Can you really eat a whole salad?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Palm Springs, California
“Can you really eat a whole salad?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A friend had spotted this place while shopping at the outlet malls and I was a little skeptical when I realized it was a stand-in-line, buffet-style event - however when I saw the care they were taking building a salad à la carte I began to be impressed.

My companion wisely suggested that we share a tri-tip sandwich. Again this was beautifully presented, already cut in quarters. An order of beer-battered onion rings (well it is near Visalia) and two beers rounded off a "stuffed thanks" dinner - and my friend even took home enough salad for his lunch the following day.

The one reservation we had was the price of wine. Californian wine $9 a glass! Are you serious? I would want a good wine for $9 a bottle - no more than 80 miles from the vineyards! The beer at $4 was a much more acceptable choice.
The staff was cheery even late in the evening - even the one we had to request stop sweeping the floor near our table. What is it in the US that we accept chairs being stacked on tables and staff sweeping the place up while customers are still eating? That would likely get a European waiter his marching orders.
We will certainly visit again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, California
“Salad and Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

So the tri tip salad is very good and with one of their dressings it gets even better. Beer, wine, and a good time.

Visited August 2013
Tann, Germany
“Really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The place is located at the outlet mall in Tulare. The food is really good especially the salads. They got some beer there, too. One of the guys even speaks German. There is also a Bravo Farms restaurant in Visalia wich is just as good if not even better.

Visited July 2013
Caliente, CA
“I'll visit again..........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife travels the Central Valley of California for business so I decided to go out on the road with her. One of her stops was in Tulare and she told me about Bravo Farms as she has been here before. We decided to have lunch and I must say, there were no regrets. Good food and reasonably priced. The place was crowded and it was 1:30 in afternoon. The inside was clean and the service was good. If I ever hit the road with my wife again and we travel through Tulare I'm sure we'll stop here again. You won't be sorry.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not a good value for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The board wasn't wiped off from previous sandwiches that were made, she just slide the bread across the dirty board. Nasty. While eating our sandwich, my husband had the chicken sandwich and had to get mayo added to his because it was so dry. It came with some other condiment, but the mayo helped. Mine was OK. But I had a coupon for $6 off and still paid too much. Oh yeah, they slice the bread twice and put one slice in a bowl.

• Visited June 2013