“Marriott has great products......” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Long Beach
“Marriott has great products......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The wife and I broke up our drive to Merced from Long Beach during a trip to work on a rental house we have. We are Platinum Elite rewards members and as such we enjoy some gratis stays in many of their hotels. This one is quite nicely done, it has a modern feel to it and the suites (we had a king suite) is nice and large, with a seprate living area from the bedroom area. We've stayed in this unit before with our college age son and he has slept on the sofa bed, so it handles a small family well. This was July 4th weekend, so there were some families staying there.....the pool was a nice temperature, and breakfast the next morning was great. The only issue we have with this property is the two access doors to the pool, one was not working on our last trip, and this time both of them would not let you in when trying to return from the using the pool. A bit annoying having to walk around the building. Other than that nice linens, bed very comfortable....some freeway noise.

Room Tip: Maybe try to get a room on opposite side from freeway to limit road noise......
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Newer hotel, clean and welcoming environment -- but nothing better than the staff! Absolutely everyone was friendly and helpful. Facilities include a heated indoors pool which is great considering that air quality in the area tends to be extremely poor in the summer. Within walking distance to multiple restaurants. Again I cannot say enough about the staff!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Pros:
New hotel, comfortable, clean rooms, free continental breakfast 6am-9am, close to gas station, Starbucks, outlets, etc.

Cons:
The hotel is adjacent to the freeway, so I could definitely hear the freeway noise from my room. Maybe if the weather is hot, the air conditioning will block out the sound.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that everything met your needs, with the exception of the noise level. Unfortunately, being as close to the freeway as we are is an inconvenience but a convenience for some of our travelers. Your tip to request a room on the even side of the hotel is usually what we suggest to our light sleepers, as those rooms do tend to be a bit more quiet.

Thank you for your comments and feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Kind Regards,
Stephanie
London, Ont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Easy access of the freeway and smooth check-in and check out. We were assigned a large room with king bed as requested. Spotless room, lots of towels and complimentary wifi. Excellent breakfast with lots of choice. Nice pool area though we did not use it. Several restaurants close by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that everything from check in to check went seamlessly. I hope you enjoyed your trip and that you will come back to visit Tulare soon!
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed here thinking it was a good opportunity to try out the brand (I am a Hilton Group/Hampton Inn regular, but have wondered about the Marriott alternatives..)..

Warm welcome from the staff, on arrival, but with there being only one person on, it means waiting if there is somebody ahead of you.

I found the hotel to be a similar sort of proposition to a Hampton, I found the rooms to be a little more modern in look/feel, but it was all pretty similar in respect of the facilities presented. All so far, so good.

My room had a lot of noise bleed from the adjacent room, and I could hear the guy in the room next to me clearly making his calls, so that was not good. Front desk helped. Guy very apologetic. But, nonetheless, I'd expect better noise insulation in what is a relatively recently built property. I mean, a guy making calls should't be an issue, right..? It's not like he was shouting or anything.....

Plenty of gas/food alternatives in the area, which is good.

Breakfast was OK and well attended by the staff. No complaints, pretty much on a par with the competition.

Probably not enough in this stay to make me swap brands, but enough that I might use the brand again if there were none of my regular brands available.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your comments are helpful to us and can assist us in looking at what areas of the hotel need to be improved. I am glad above all that our staff was what made the most positive impression and we hope to see you again in the future!
Henderson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very pleasant stop over on Hwy 99. About midway between Las Vegas and the Sacramento area. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included and well prepared. The staff was friendly and helpful. Great value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate the positive comments regarding our staff and hotel - and we hope to see you again soon at the Tulare Fairfield Inn and Suites!
Tahoe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a clean, well-kept property with a pleasant staff. The overall feel is above average for a rural Fairfield Inn. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is fine for the price point. I'd happily return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare? Share your experiences!