“Gem of hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Buffalo Grove
“Gem of hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a super suite. Can't understand how Marriott could classify this is only a category 1 and only charges 7500 points. I've been to category 4 hotels that weren't nearly as nice. Room was huge. Breakfast was great. Staff very friendly. Could not ask for more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Tulare. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and our new property! I hope that you will come back and visit us each time that you are in the area!

Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our family of four stayed here for one night on our way home from Yosemite a couple of days ago. The check in was super easy, and the room was very nice. Just a standard 2 queen room, plenty of room for all of us. The bathroom was nicely appointed, you can tell this hotel is pretty new. My only complaint is that it did smell like mildew in the bathroom. The only thing I could figure out that was causing it was the shower curtain. From other reviewers, this looks like it has been pointed out before. Definitely not a deal breaker, but maybe occasionally replacing or cleaning the shower curtain would help. We loved the breakfast, in fact we all commented on what a nice selection they had. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit juices and fresh fruit and lots of baked goodies. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully will return to stay with us in the future! I will certainly pass on the comments regarding the shower curtain liner to my housekeeping staff to have to rectified as soon as possible!

Thank you again!

Kind Regards,
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Staff was great
Room and hotel was clean and modern
Overall a good place to stay on the way to Kings Canyon - despite no eating options in house (several options nearby at walking distance)
Breakfast needs an upgrade

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We do have several restaurants within walking distance and we will definately take into consideration your thoughts on upgrading our breakfast options as well as maybe offering more items in our market area.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay and will return to us soon!

La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel. It's fairly new (less than 2 years old) so it was still new and pretty. The staff was super friendly and my breakfast was great. I'm not picky so maybe I'm too easy to please. I am happy with eggs, sausage, yogurt, waffles, etc. The area is pretty close to shopping centers so it is easy to find restaurants and shopping locally. We stayed here because it is the closest Marriott to Sequoia, we drive to the park each day which was kind of far but do-able. I would stay here again definitely. The only downside for me was that there is a pool but no spa- no biggie.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to us in the future! We are always happy to see our guests return!

Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We chose to stay here because we were coming from Carlsbad, with a stop for a few hours in Los Angeles. It was about as far as we wanted to travel that day and was close to Kings Canyon and Sequoia Parks where we spent the day after we arrived. We stayed two nights. We rented one of the smaller (cheaper) rooms - the one that has a chair, but no sofa. Considering that, the room was good sized and very nice. The heat was controlled by a thermostat, which I really prefer over the blue/red dial that is on many units. Sadly, there was no fridge or microwave. The breakfast was really good. Most of the Fairfield Inns we stayed at on this trip have added hot scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh fruit to their breakfast menu and this one was no exception. This was everything we've come to expect from Marriott - well maintained, clean, friendly staff - over all, nice! We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Please keep in mind if you return in the future, we can find other ways to accomodate your refridgerator needs, and I do hope that you will return to stay with us!

Kind regards!
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed here 43 nights so far in the last two months. I love the staff (Spencer, Heather and Jessica are like family to me), the kitchen help (Sandra is awesome) and management (Stephanie and Monica will always go out of their way, if necessary). The issues I have encountered were handled expeditiously and correctly (mind you, the property is maybe 18 months old, so issues are few and far between). The rooms are EXTREMELY nice, the staff has never let me down as far as cleaning my room, I've brought different members of my family on occasion and they always feel welcome. The only things I would add if I were to run the place are:
1) Hot oatmeal (sorry, the packets are so Best Western)
2) A water purifier in the lobby (and/or free bottled water for Platinum?)
3) Hand lotion
4) Toilet paper and Kleenex that doesn't double as sandpaper
5) Maybe an early evening social two or three nights a week

(I garner most of these additions / improvements from my many, many other hotel experiences)

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are quieter, but honestly it doesn't make that much of a difference A/C wor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review! We have enjoyed having you here as one of our long term stay guests, I know that the staff is fond of you as well and we enjoy being a part of your "extended family". I am glad that we have had you as a guest, and like all of our guests, long term or one night stays, we love to give the Marriott standard of treatment to everyone who walks through our doors!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I checked in late for a one night stay dragging my suitcase and pushing a sleeping toddler in a stroller. There were people in the lobby area watching tv and chatting which was nice when arriving late to see other people up. The check in went nice and smooth. I opened my door and the room was so nice but it had a really funky smell almost like bad deodorant and smoke. If It wasn't so late then I would had asked for a different room. I wouldn't stay another night without switching rooms. I would stay here again as long as I would be promised a better smelling room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We strive to take care of any guest needs as soon as possible, so even the dreaded task of switching rooms late at night can be made as easy as possible to get you fully rested for your day ahead! Please do not ever hestitate to call our staff, as we want to make sure you get the best stay possible!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare? Share your experiences!