“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
La Habra, California
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I loved my stay at this hotel. It's fairly new (less than 2 years old) so it was still new and pretty. The staff was super friendly and my breakfast was great. I'm not picky so maybe I'm too easy to please. I am happy with eggs, sausage, yogurt, waffles, etc. The area is pretty close to shopping centers so it is easy to find restaurants and shopping locally. We stayed here because it is the closest Marriott to Sequoia, we drive to the park each day which was kind of far but do-able. I would stay here again definitely. The only downside for me was that there is a pool but no spa- no biggie.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to us in the future! We are always happy to see our guests return!

Kind regards,
Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We chose to stay here because we were coming from Carlsbad, with a stop for a few hours in Los Angeles. It was about as far as we wanted to travel that day and was close to Kings Canyon and Sequoia Parks where we spent the day after we arrived. We stayed two nights. We rented one of the smaller (cheaper) rooms - the one that has a chair, but no sofa. Considering that, the room was good sized and very nice. The heat was controlled by a thermostat, which I really prefer over the blue/red dial that is on many units. Sadly, there was no fridge or microwave. The breakfast was really good. Most of the Fairfield Inns we stayed at on this trip have added hot scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh fruit to their breakfast menu and this one was no exception. This was everything we've come to expect from Marriott - well maintained, clean, friendly staff - over all, nice! We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Please keep in mind if you return in the future, we can find other ways to accomodate your refridgerator needs, and I do hope that you will return to stay with us!

Kind regards!
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed here 43 nights so far in the last two months. I love the staff (Spencer, Heather and Jessica are like family to me), the kitchen help (Sandra is awesome) and management (Stephanie and Monica will always go out of their way, if necessary). The issues I have encountered were handled expeditiously and correctly (mind you, the property is maybe 18 months old, so issues are few and far between). The rooms are EXTREMELY nice, the staff has never let me down as far as cleaning my room, I've brought different members of my family on occasion and they always feel welcome. The only things I would add if I were to run the place are:
1) Hot oatmeal (sorry, the packets are so Best Western)
2) A water purifier in the lobby (and/or free bottled water for Platinum?)
3) Hand lotion
4) Toilet paper and Kleenex that doesn't double as sandpaper
5) Maybe an early evening social two or three nights a week

(I garner most of these additions / improvements from my many, many other hotel experiences)

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are quieter, but honestly it doesn't make that much of a difference A/C wor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review! We have enjoyed having you here as one of our long term stay guests, I know that the staff is fond of you as well and we enjoy being a part of your "extended family". I am glad that we have had you as a guest, and like all of our guests, long term or one night stays, we love to give the Marriott standard of treatment to everyone who walks through our doors!

Kind regards,
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I checked in late for a one night stay dragging my suitcase and pushing a sleeping toddler in a stroller. There were people in the lobby area watching tv and chatting which was nice when arriving late to see other people up. The check in went nice and smooth. I opened my door and the room was so nice but it had a really funky smell almost like bad deodorant and smoke. If It wasn't so late then I would had asked for a different room. I wouldn't stay another night without switching rooms. I would stay here again as long as I would be promised a better smelling room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel! We strive to take care of any guest needs as soon as possible, so even the dreaded task of switching rooms late at night can be made as easy as possible to get you fully rested for your day ahead! Please do not ever hestitate to call our staff, as we want to make sure you get the best stay possible!
Tracy, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

After encountering the nightmarish experience at another hotel in the area, I Googled hotels closest to it with vacancies, and miracously, this "jewel" had availability! I could not believe the understanding and hospitality that was shown to my family by the front desk staff was beyond compare, especially the older woman of the two (shame on me for not getting her name!) even though we needed two beds, she made sure we had extra linens to create a makeshift sleeping bag. We were greeted by her smile the following morning as well (16 hour shift?). Delicious hot breakfast in the morning, and and lounge area to relax and watch TV makes this hotel the BEST HOTEL IN TOWN!!! The ONLY negative is that our room door (205) really had to be slammed hard to close/lock, but in fairness, it wasn't even an issue I bothered reporting to the staff. If I'm ever in the area again, this would be my first choice!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! Our goal here is to make sure that everyone has a stay that excels their expectations - I am so glad that we were able to assist you during your weekend here in Tulare! We hope to see you back soon!
Arvin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Breakfast was adequate (standard breakfast with eggs, waffles and sausage) and the room was big. They checked me in @ 9:00 am on the day of my reservation. I had a corner room. The bed was hard but otherwise I had a good experience. I made a bid on priceline and received an amazing deal for a Friday Night. Overall, I would stay here (not at full price). Location is great and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Priceline deal but the bed is hard (at least room 234)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I wanted so much to like this hotel. Lobby is nice, business center is decent, decor is soothing, shower is great, free breakfast is decent, staff is so nice... but the room smelled like mildew and the bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I changed rooms, there was obviously deodorizer in the new room to cover the mildewy smell - come morning, the deodorizer had worn off and it smelled the same as my first room. So unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel.

On a side note, a couple things just seemed kind of odd about the place: I found qtips, cotton balls, and a nail file in the bathroom "vanity kit" but no hand/body lotion. And, you had to really hunt to find the set of blackout drapes tucked in there - I didn't see them until the morning, when it was too late.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare? Share your experiences!