“Fairfield Inn Tulare saved the day!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Tulare
Tracy, California, United States
“Fairfield Inn Tulare saved the day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

After encountering the nightmarish experience at another hotel in the area, I Googled hotels closest to it with vacancies, and miracously, this "jewel" had availability! I could not believe the understanding and hospitality that was shown to my family by the front desk staff was beyond compare, especially the older woman of the two (shame on me for not getting her name!) even though we needed two beds, she made sure we had extra linens to create a makeshift sleeping bag. We were greeted by her smile the following morning as well (16 hour shift?). Delicious hot breakfast in the morning, and and lounge area to relax and watch TV makes this hotel the BEST HOTEL IN TOWN!!! The ONLY negative is that our room door (205) really had to be slammed hard to close/lock, but in fairness, it wasn't even an issue I bothered reporting to the staff. If I'm ever in the area again, this would be my first choice!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! Our goal here is to make sure that everyone has a stay that excels their expectations - I am so glad that we were able to assist you during your weekend here in Tulare! We hope to see you back soon!

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arvin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Breakfast was adequate (standard breakfast with eggs, waffles and sausage) and the room was big. They checked me in @ 9:00 am on the day of my reservation. I had a corner room. The bed was hard but otherwise I had a good experience. I made a bid on priceline and received an amazing deal for a Friday Night. Overall, I would stay here (not at full price). Location is great and the pool was nice.

Room Tip: Priceline deal but the bed is hard (at least room 234)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I wanted so much to like this hotel. Lobby is nice, business center is decent, decor is soothing, shower is great, free breakfast is decent, staff is so nice... but the room smelled like mildew and the bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I changed rooms, there was obviously deodorizer in the new room to cover the mildewy smell - come morning, the deodorizer had worn off and it smelled the same as my first room. So unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel.

On a side note, a couple things just seemed kind of odd about the place: I found qtips, cotton balls, and a nail file in the bathroom "vanity kit" but no hand/body lotion. And, you had to really hunt to find the set of blackout drapes tucked in there - I didn't see them until the morning, when it was too late.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Palo Alto, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel was brand new. I looked it up on Google Maps and the satellite photo showed a construction site. We had a dual-Queen room that was enormous. The walk from the beds to the bathroom provided enough exercise that you didn’t need to use the small gym on the ground floor. In addition to the two queens, there was a sofabed so you could sleep a good-sized family in there. There were two large flat screen TV’s – one in the sleeping area and one in the “living room.” The rooms were separated by a divider/closet but no door. All the furniture was new. The bathroom was medium-sized, not cramped at all. We were on the third floor and the unsecured hotel wireless was useless. It took forever to download anything. I gave up trying to access Yahoo mail because it took too long to download just the login page. We were on the front of the hotel facing away from the freeway so it was very quiet. Rates here were really cheap, and even cheaper with an AAA discount, so this was a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for positive feedback on our hotel! I do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with our internet speed, however we are currently in the process of upgraded our wireless system. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future and again, appreciate your feedback as it helps to keep us up to Marriott standards.

Cheers!

Stephanie Bombardieri
Front Office Manager
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed in the Fairfield Inn located off the 99 in CA. in Kingsburg, CA and it was very nice. However, the Fairfield Inn located in Tulare, CA off Hwy 99 was not up to par. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room: lights in room all overly bright, temp control not working properly, drapes do not close over window so parking lot lights are shining in windw all night, mascara on comforter from previous occupant (noticed too late to change). Difficult to manuver luggage cart into hall with elevator. Shower okay with massage showerhead. Location near freeway as are most convenient hotels. Ask to be on quiet side. Room was clean and bed comfy enough, but with so many other choices within a couple miles, why would I stay here again?

Room Tip: ask for quiet side of building, don't believe temp control
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It is rare today to find a property that treats it's guests so well.
Tulare has so many hotels and motels within a few miles and we have stayed at numerous ones.
What we like about this one is the personal service, good quality breakfast and if we required
something they were their to assist.
A good choice for a stop over when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business-related travel. The hotel is okay and staff is friendly overall, but I would not stay here again. All the rooms have a musty, chemical-type smell. We switched rooms thinking it was just the first one they gave us, but had the same experience with the second room. I can't say the staff was really happy with our request to change rooms.

The location is okay and parking is not a problem. The lobby looks better than the actual rooms. The continental breakfast is just okay.

I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare? Share your experiences!