“hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Sacramento, California
“hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay here for business several times a year and find it the best in the area. The restaurant next door is handy and reasonably priced, with decent, but certainly not great, food. I stayed at many La Quinta hotels last summer in a 2 month trip across the country and was not disappointed in any of them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We will keep the home fire burning until your next visit. We appreciate your positive feedback and the validation of all our staff’s hard work.
We are here for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We We're In Town For My Husbands Eye Surgery This Is The First Time We've Stayed At LQ, Having Used More Expensive Hotels We Were A Bit Skeptical But Since The Hotel We Made Reservations At Booked Us The Wrong Size Bed & Couldn't Seem To Fix The Problem, We Decided To Give LQ A Chance... Best Choice We Made...Excellent Customer Service,Large Comfortable Rooms,Cleanliness Gets A 5,Plenty Of Choices For Breakfast...Big Comfortable Beds With Extra Pillows...We Will Definitely Stay Here Again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know how it feels to be a pleased customer.
We are delighted that we have met your highest expectations, and our staff looks forward to your next visit with sincere gratitude.
Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Like the previous reviewer, we spent the night in Tulare as it the midway point of our trip. Upon arrival, the check-in experience was fast and efficient. The only hiccup was that we were upgraded and was not told. It was an upgrade so no worries there.

The hotel was nicely maintained. The room (double queen) was good, though I would have liked a lounging chair or sofa to kickback on instead of the desk chair or bed. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were on a bit of the small side. The bathroom was good-sized and had a fan vent (Over 75% of the hotels I've stayed at do not have that feature, even three-star hotels and above). The WiFi was fast. I don't know if that was because of the service itself or there weren't many guests spending the night and taking up bandwidth.

Along with the usual continental breakfast served at La Quintas, this property served bacon and eggs. There was a juice dispenser with three options but only one option was filled (orange). The breakfast area was kept clean.

The hotel is located along the 99 freeway, but the noise did not bother us at all. The hotel was in the major "shopping" district of town, so there were many choices for shopping and grabbing a bite to eat. A steakhouse, McDonald's and Popeye's occupy the same cul-de-sac with the hotel.

This stay was such a good experience that we have decided that this will be our hotel of choice when we stopover on our drives from SoCal to the north.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I are "Elite" members and, thus, stay quite a bit in La Quintas throughout the year. Tulare was a midway point for us traveling from Las Vegas to Napa, and the property is relatively new. As "Elite" members, we received an upgrade to a king-bed room with couch combination, which worked perfect for us as we were eating in, and our 24-year-old daughter was with us. The only downside to the large room we were provided was the couch bed was extremely uncomfortable for our daughter. The king-bed for my husband and me was perfectly comfortable.

A fitness room is available, but very small, and provided only a treadmill and stationary bike. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One criticism we had was with respect to the breakfast. While eggs and bacon were provided, they tasted terrible, and I think the eggs were originally in powder form. The waffle mix was not any better. The only thing edible was the cereal, milk, bread (for toast) and apples. The coffee and juice were also OK. Criticisms and all, we definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our second stay at this location and we have been very happy both times. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat the breakfast, so we can't comment on that. We stayed at the end of the hotel away from the freeway and found the room very quiet. We will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Citrus Heights, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel changed ownership & with that the staff changed...not for the better. I arrived in town & asked the guy at the front desk about the rates. He told me a price that was out of my companies price range. I thanked him & started for the door. The clerk stopped me & said that he could give me a $79 rate which was in my price range. He also told me he would put me in a suite for that price....I said wow & thanked him. He then started getting flirty with me. I just blew it off as my imagination & went up to my room. I then got a call from him asking if I was enjoying my view. I told him it was fine & quickly hung of the phone. The next morning I went to check out & found I was charged $129 for the room.I told the guy at the front desk that I was quoted $79. & he looked at me like I was crazy & said "for a suite?" I guess something was expected of me for that rate. The clerk knocked the rate down to $99 & said it was the best he could do! The rooms are nice, the breakfast was good, but the staff can go fly a kite!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the overly friendly guy at the front desk unless you are into that kind of thing!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I regret to inform you but you have to be mistaken with a different property. As a general manager I am always aware of all the situations that happen at our property, and if this episode really happened to you, a call or an email message to the general manager was the mandatory behavior from any unhappy guest that just received the most unprofessional customer service. And I know that our staff is not capable of those actions you mention in your survey. We provide professional, friendly service that makes our guest feel that they have a second home waiting for them when they choose the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Tulare.
Roseville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

On December 21st of 2012, we stayed at the LQ in Tulare, CA en route to Las Vegas. Trip Advisor showed a rating of 4.5/5, so we expected great things. Instead, we found all sorts of issues: keys that would not work for the room, the spa, or the rear or side doors (multiple rekeys, still no resolution). The spa was not working properly (no jets) and there were no towels. No laundry bags, and no lotion or conditioner for toiletries. In the morning, the breakfast was very poor. Although they had prepared bacon and eggs, they ran out prior to us arriving (45 minutes before breakfast ended), and the tables, floor and counter tops were covered with food droppings. Their coffee service only included sweet-and-low (yuck). Several days afterwards, we responded to a LQ online servey, and shortly thereafter received a phone call from the general manager. He apologized for the conditions, and promised that we would get a $50 rate on our next stop, plus he would send a free night coupon from LQ.

Big shock- we never received the coupon. Hmmm.

Fast forward to February 9th, 2013. We called the hotel that morning to advise we would like to stay and receive our $50 rate. They obliged.

When we arrived 6 hours later (about 3:40 pm), and they advised us that there would be no power from 11pm to 7am.

OOPS- REALLY? I use a medical device that requires electricity. Turns out they were aware of the power shutoff, but the "new" desk clerk didn't mention it until we arrived. We asked them to arrange for a nearby LQ location, but they refused to accommodate us with the price. I would have to pay the higher rate ($35-45 more for the other locations). I advised that since it was there erro, they should take care of us. they refused. I called LQ corporate customer service, and they took care of the issue without any problems other than we wasted 2 1/2 hours and some extra driving time as a result.

By the way, we still haven't received a response from them (like maybe just a simple apology)!?!

Room Tip: Ask questions before you book- like do you have electricity tonight?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for any inconvenience that the power outage may have caused you, but unfortunately Edison gave us no choice and decided to have a power outage on the busiest week of the year. The power outage caused us to loose reservations and future walk-ins. But we were prepared and all the guests checking-in received pertinent information and flash lights. And that was the same information you received at the desk. Your special rate was only valid at our property, with the addition of coupons for free drinks at Cool Hand Luke’s. The operations manager apologized for the situation and notified you that you are welcome to use the special rate at any time in the future. We appreciate your loyalty to the La Quinta brand, and we will do whatever it takes to make your next stay a memorable one.
We are here for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
#6 of 13 in Tulare
4.0 of 5 stars 80 reviews
Quality Inn Sequoia Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare? Share your experiences!