“Good night's sleep, Very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Cherry Ct., Tulare, CA 93274   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Tulare
Los Angeles, California
“Good night's sleep, Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This was our second stay at this location and we have been very happy both times. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. We didn't eat the breakfast, so we can't comment on that. We stayed at the end of the hotel away from the freeway and found the room very quiet. We will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know how it feels to be a pleased customer.
We are delighted that we have met your highest expectations, and our staff looks forward to your next visit with sincere gratitude.

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Citrus Heights, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel changed ownership & with that the staff changed...not for the better. I arrived in town & asked the guy at the front desk about the rates. He told me a price that was out of my companies price range. I thanked him & started for the door. The clerk stopped me & said that he could give me a $79 rate which was in my price range. He also told me he would put me in a suite for that price....I said wow & thanked him. He then started getting flirty with me. I just blew it off as my imagination & went up to my room. I then got a call from him asking if I was enjoying my view. I told him it was fine & quickly hung of the phone. The next morning I went to check out & found I was charged $129 for the room.I told the guy at the front desk that I was quoted $79. & he looked at me like I was crazy & said "for a suite?" I guess something was expected of me for that rate. The clerk knocked the rate down to $99 & said it was the best he could do! The rooms are nice, the breakfast was good, but the staff can go fly a kite!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the overly friendly guy at the front desk unless you are into that kind of thing!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I regret to inform you but you have to be mistaken with a different property. As a general manager I am always aware of all the situations that happen at our property, and if this episode really happened to you, a call or an email message to the general manager was the mandatory behavior from any unhappy guest that just received the most unprofessional customer service. And I know that our staff is not capable of those actions you mention in your survey. We provide professional, friendly service that makes our guest feel that they have a second home waiting for them when they choose the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Tulare.
Auburn, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

On December 21st of 2012, we stayed at the LQ in Tulare, CA en route to Las Vegas. Trip Advisor showed a rating of 4.5/5, so we expected great things. Instead, we found all sorts of issues: keys that would not work for the room, the spa, or the rear or side doors (multiple rekeys, still no resolution). The spa was not working properly (no jets) and there were no towels. No laundry bags, and no lotion or conditioner for toiletries. In the morning, the breakfast was very poor. Although they had prepared bacon and eggs, they ran out prior to us arriving (45 minutes before breakfast ended), and the tables, floor and counter tops were covered with food droppings. Their coffee service only included sweet-and-low (yuck). Several days afterwards, we responded to a LQ online servey, and shortly thereafter received a phone call from the general manager. He apologized for the conditions, and promised that we would get a $50 rate on our next stop, plus he would send a free night coupon from LQ.

Big shock- we never received the coupon. Hmmm.

Fast forward to February 9th, 2013. We called the hotel that morning to advise we would like to stay and receive our $50 rate. They obliged.

When we arrived 6 hours later (about 3:40 pm), and they advised us that there would be no power from 11pm to 7am.

OOPS- REALLY? I use a medical device that requires electricity. Turns out they were aware of the power shutoff, but the "new" desk clerk didn't mention it until we arrived. We asked them to arrange for a nearby LQ location, but they refused to accommodate us with the price. I would have to pay the higher rate ($35-45 more for the other locations). I advised that since it was there erro, they should take care of us. they refused. I called LQ corporate customer service, and they took care of the issue without any problems other than we wasted 2 1/2 hours and some extra driving time as a result.

By the way, we still haven't received a response from them (like maybe just a simple apology)!?!

Room Tip: Ask questions before you book- like do you have electricity tonight?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for any inconvenience that the power outage may have caused you, but unfortunately Edison gave us no choice and decided to have a power outage on the busiest week of the year. The power outage caused us to loose reservations and future walk-ins. But we were prepared and all the guests checking-in received pertinent information and flash lights. And that was the same information you received at the desk. Your special rate was only valid at our property, with the addition of coupons for free drinks at Cool Hand Luke’s. The operations manager apologized for the situation and notified you that you are welcome to use the special rate at any time in the future. We appreciate your loyalty to the La Quinta brand, and we will do whatever it takes to make your next stay a memorable one.
We are here for you.
Yucaipa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Close to sequoia national park, this place is clean, and dog friendly. Perfect place to rest after long day at the park. The room was very clear. The serve free breakfast in the morning which included everything you could want. I recommend it, especially if you want to bring your pooch

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Wonderful motel. A little noisy the first night, but it was a Friday,so wasn't a problem. The room was comfortable and the desk clerk helpful. We weren't sure how to operate the TV, so contacted the front desk and he said he was going to come to our room, as soon as he was through with checking in a guest. We figured it out and advised him promptly. The breakfasts were wonderful with plenty of food and variety. The rooms were always cleaned and restocked with towels and toiletries and wonderful coffee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
We are here for you!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare? Share your experiences!