“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Vancouver, Washington, United States
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We didn't have advance reservations as we weren't sure where we were staying. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful in checking us in. (Us = my parents and a dog, and myself and three kids)

The kids and I had a King Suite with a Queen sofa bed. The room was very spacious. The king bed was pretty comfy. I am sure from the looks of it the sofa bed wasn't as comfy, but this mama got the king. :) During the night, I rolled over and one of the pillows smelled strongly of men's cologne. I should have cared at the time, but I was so tired, I didn't.

The pool was outdoors and when I told the kids it wasn't heated, they decided not to try it.

The breakfast was really good. There was a lot of food to choose from. (eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, toast, etc)

One bonus for this hotel was the laundry room right outside our hotel room. I was very pleased to be able to wash our clothes. The front desk had small boxes of Purex for $1.00. I think it was a total of $3.00 or $2.50 to wash and dry our clothes.

The hallways were a bit hot and stuffy, but with the air conditioning units in the room, our stay was pleasant. (my parents were in a queen room and said that once they turned their unit off, they were unable to turn it back on, but they cracked the window and it was fine)

Close to restaurants (walking distance) and a minit mart.

I wouldn't be opposed to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. Our staff is grateful for your patronage and for your sincere review. We would like to promise you that the next time you stay with us we will make you a raving fan for life.
We are here for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stay at La Qunita hotels all over California during my business travels and the Tulare property is my favorite. The rooms are always clean and quiet and the staff is great, especially the GM Helder Piedade. Helder makes me feel I'm checking in at a five diamond hotel. It's also nice to have a good resturant across the parking lot and a McDonald's another 50 yards away. I always look forward to staying here!
Steve Sales

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
We are happy that we passed your litmus test for brand consistency. Our staff is grateful for your patronage and positive feedback. Our door has a very special welcome mat for guests like you. See you soon.
palm desert
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have stayed here on and off this summer, trips 4 to 6 days.
The service and cleanliness of the hotel is great, rooms, beds, showers and bed linen all more than acceptable for the price we paid.
Best of all, I have travelled with my dogs many times, but until I found La Quinta this could be a stressful situation, not at La Quinta in Tulare there my dogs were welcomed, also a room in an area with other travellers with dogs, so I felt comfortable knowing my well behaved dogs would not upset anyone.

Im not known for making customer reviews of recommendations, but my experience at the La Quinta has been exceptional each and every time I have stayed!

I would have no hesitation recommending the La Quinta Inn Tulare, try it you wont be dissappointed.

Good job La Quinta Management and Staff, you should be commended on the attention to detail and service offered, excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to let us know how it feels to be a pleased customer.
We are delighted that we have met your highest expectations, and our staff looks forward to your next visit with sincere gratitude.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is my first stay at LaQuinta and was very enjoyable. The room is light, clean, refrig and microwave convenient, staff friendly and attentive, wifi and tv worked well. Enjoyed using the pool one night of my two night stay. Look forward to staying in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We will keep the home fire burning until your next visit. We appreciate your positive feedback and the validation of all our staff’s hard work.
Littlerock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at La Quinta on occasion, and have found them all to be nice. But the room I was given at the Tulare, CA La Quinta was great!
I was travelling by myself, and had the luxury of a king sized bed, a full sized sofa with coffee table, a long counter top bar to separate the two areas, great for laptops, alarm, etc.
The bed was clean and comfortable with tons of pillows.
The windows open for fresh air.
There is a restaurant and McDonalds in the parking lot.

Overall,... great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
myquinta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We are here for you!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare? Share your experiences!