“Surprised Me” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Davis, California
“Surprised Me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had read some marginal reviews but have to say I was pleased from the beginning. The Crown Manhattan was excellent. The steak was cooked perfectly, fork tender, and I ate half without any steak sauce which is, to me, an indication of a great steak. I ordered the mashed red skin potatoes as a side and recommend getting them loaded with cheese and bacon-you could make a meal out of them. The only issue was that the music was a little loud but I would look past that considering how good the food was.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tustin, California
“Fantastic food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family of 4 had a late dinner a couple of days ago and absolutely loved this place. Everything we ordered, kids meal, 2 prime rib dinners and a summer salad was delicious. The server and bartender (we ate in the bar area) were so friendly and accommodating. It was my daughter's birthday, and they brought her a nice dessert to finish the great meal. Highly recommend for a nice sit down meal.

Visited August 2013
Sacramento, California
“Don't miss for good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I got a ton of good food at what I consider a great price. The food is tasty, the server I had was friendly and guided me to her favorite meal which was excellent. You cant go wrong here if you are looking for good food.

Visited July 2013
Folsom, CA
“Close to the hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was basically average, although the dessert we ordered was not as advertised and we didn't eat it. The service was slow.

Visited July 2013
California
“Been 3 Times now and not very impressed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This place just feels tired and uninspired menu wise. Just seems like a basic steak house chain type place.

Most Tulare folks are not real foodies though so it works here.

I prefer restaurants that are edgy, and have chefs who are truly inspired and love creating. That is very rare to find (and apparently for them to achieve) in chain restaurants. Having the same menu that never or rarely changes gets stale after awhile. Fresh ingredients make all of the difference in the world too. Maybe I'm a bit of a food snob, but I don't believe that a restaurant can be truly great if they are making things that come out of a can and/or box. With our amazing, local farmer's markets, fresh, in season ingredients is what should inspire the menu. My opinion.

Food here is quite average. Nothing horrible, but unmemorable.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cool Hand Lukes? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cool Hand Lukes, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.