“Evening drink before bed” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Evening drink before bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Comfortable and welcoming for drinks before bed. Children very welcome. Evening meal little expensive.

Visited October 2012

72% Recommend
Mantua
“Nastiest Ribeye special for $35.00?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

To begin with On 09/01/12 We arrived at their building which is behind a building off the main road.So if your walking from the Comfort Inn As we did not only is it a little scary (the neighborhood) but you could die trying to cross the road. It was a bit crowded when we arrived and was greeted as if we were looking for a handout instead of dropping a $100. We were told the wait would be considerable and we should go to the bar and be seated right away which we did and were, the bar was not crowded at that time. My wife ordered the Prime Rib for 20 something and I got the best I was told a rib eye special no price was mentioned and with the noise level getting louder and just off the road after 8 hours I neglected to ask. Well the steaks arrived w/o the orders of onion and mushrooms and only the second time my waitress made an appearance. Well wifey stated her steak was OK and mine tough stringy as if the steaks were aged on the hoof instead of hanging. when I finally got hold of my waitress as she was chatting with the bartender I complained she stated she'd see what she could do, after waiting another 10 minutes my wife almost done with her steak mine looking at me wondering if it was for comsumption or shoe leather as I was. Well I finally got their attention by knocking the A1 sause off the table and it breaking on the stone floor. When I got someone I again asked politely to have a new steak or the manager I got the look, waited another 5 minutes. No show and seeing i haven't eaten all day my blood sugar low rage high I had to eat or pass out So I ate the nasty thing and never saw staff again. I felt sick and left maybe the food didn't poison me and maybe it did. As I later found out the mrs. paid the bill as she is a gently person and not only doesnt confront anyone she had me sick outside. when I found out later (doing bills) that garbage cost me $35.00 (the steak) I just had to write and tell the world.. I know they wouldn't reimburse me and I know they will if they even bother to answer this say that we never ever knew...I say BS If others had a better experience then me and better food review I say you don't get out much and don't expect much for your money. There is a place next to the comfort inn that looks like a greasy spoon but they do know how to cook I'd go there folks and save yourself $40. this place lives on its name and drinks maybe not on its cooking. Cost to me 2 steaks and two cups of coffee $70.00

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Good steak house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The food is really good but they are a little pricey. Not real bad but usually when I'm in town on business I can only spend so much company money. The meal will usually exceed my allowance but not by much.

Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Good food and very generous portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had steak and it was delicious! The portions are gigantic so be careful not to order to much. Our waitress seemed confused but it was around 9pm, so maybe she was getting tired.

Visited August 2012
palm desert
“Great place to Dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great steaks and excellent service. Good menu and plenty of options even for a vegatarian!! Thats great given its really a steak sort of place!
The decor and walls are full of interesting memorabillia of the wild west, love it!

Visited September 2012

Been to Cool Hand Lukes? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cool Hand Lukes, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.