“Shrimp were not cleaned.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 89 restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch
Description: China Bowl is known by it's local residents as the fun and friendly place to get Chinese food. China Bowl is committed to providing outstanding Chinese food. We will prepare your food by only using the freshest and best quality ingredients.
“Shrimp were not cleaned.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The guy at the counter kept insisting that the shrimp fried fried was ' our popular dish.' So, I ordered it. BIG mistake. It was sweet and the shrimp were not cleaned. I told the guy and he made it seem like no big deal as if I never had shrimp fried rice before, let alone know how shrimp looks when not cleaned. I lost my appetite. He didn't even offer to get me something else. I left, Very disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
San Antonio, Texas
“Good value, good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a typical walk-in food-court-type Asian food establishment. They had a variety of hot, ready-to-eat entrees or you could order from a menu. Four of us ate from the ready-to-eat selections, and 1 person ordered vegetarian from the menu. All our food was very good, tasted fresh, and came in large quantities. They do have tables available, but this is not a typical restaurant with wait staff. It is quick food, but very good! Would definitely recommend.

Visited July 2012

Been to China Bowl? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage China Bowl, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.