“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Newhall
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Needed an overnite stay near Visalia and this turned out to be very nice. Many places to eat within walking distance as well as a huge shopping center practically next door with theatres, etc. The motel itself was very clean and well kept. The bed was great and the pillows are the best I have encountered at a motel. Staff was very helpful and provided every request. The included breakfast wasn't a gourmet meal but it was totally satisfactory and IHOP is right next door for an alternate.

One problem: Absolutely no shade around the pool area. A couple of umbrellas would have been very welcome in the 101 degree sun around the pool deck but they only had them over the 2 tables on the far end of the deck.

No question that I would stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: I don't think the rooms are any different unless you get a suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn-Tulare, CA. We are glad you enjoyed the surrounding area.

Your feedback about the umbrellas around the pool is most appreciated and is very important to us. We can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Chris Berry
Quality Inn, Tulare Ca.
559-686-3432

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great location off or highway, lots of shopping an restaurants near by.
Room clean, comfortable, spacious and well made. AC worked.
Bathroom little old, Toilet very low even for me (I am 5'6"). Flush not strong enough as it had to be flushed 5-6 times each time....yuk

Breakfast was prepared hurriedly and reception staff was busy feeding themselves first ... not enough room for people to sit and eat breakfast

Parking is tight as not enough space for everyone if it gets full. Front desk staff is courteous.

Room Tip: I will look for another hotel next time I am in this area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for the time for taking this review. I do apologize for the inconvenience that bathroom has caused you. We do have handicap accessible rooms whose toilets are around 5 inches higher so if you are ever in the area, we can accomadate you with one of them. Regarding the breakfast, I am sorry to hear that the reception staff was more concerned about feeding themselves, I do not find this acceptable and I will address this with all my staff. Sorry again and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you a better quality service in the future.
Elk Grove
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Not a bad place to stay, the room is nice, not great. I don't think you'll be disappointed by staying here, it's a place to rest that's all. Breakfast is hands down nasty every time. Some sort of eggs and some sort of sausages, trust me walk to IHOP for breakfast.
Other than that, for the price the none smoking room is cozy and clean.
Maybe they will change the bad food someday.

Stayed July 2014
First, I would like express my thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I do apologize, however, that you found our breakfast selection unsatisfactory during your stay. I will take your review into advisement and discuss making changes to our breakfast menu to better serve our guests in the future. Once again thank you for statying with us and we hope to see you again.
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

104 when we arrived early, girl at desk gave us cold water, let us check in early, and we enjoyed the pool. great room, will stay here again. biker friendly and can walk to shopping. enjoy the pool-big and refreshing

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I have shared your review with all my staff and we are extremely grateful for your kind words. We at the Quality Inn always strive to achieve customer satisfaction and receiving this review renewed our motivation to do our best to provide the quality service that our guests so thoroughly deserve. Once again thank you for staying at our location and we hope to see you again in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The water in the Hot tub had scum on the surface. The pool tile hadn't been scrubbed in months if not years. The exhaust fan sounded like it was tumbling rocks. Maybe it's me but little things like that stick out like a sore thumb. It seems like all they are concerned about is making money and not spending on the maintenance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
First, I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to review our location. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you may have felt from the condition of the pool and hot tub. While we do clean the pool tiles daily, to be able to thoroughly clean the tiles and remove the water stains we need to drain the entire pool and as a proud member of the Green lodging program (an energy and resource conserving program) we are not able to do this as often as we would like. Again, I do apologize for the condition of the spa and pool and I promise that I will talk this over with our staff in order to improve to fulfill the top quality standard that our guests truly deserve. I hope that you would be willing to give us another chance, should you happen travel through this area.
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I chose this place over a Hampton Inn down the street because I felt I needed to be closer to the outlets. Although it was a quick Saturday night stay and there was very little time spent at the hotel, I probably should have gone with Hampton. There wasn't much of a price difference but you seem to get a lot more with Hampton such as an actual breakfast room with a decent selection of food and drinks plus a more spacious room. Like most two star hotels, the pool area is kind of an afterthought and not very spacious or accommodating. The service was fine and the location is right off of the freeway. This would be a good overnight place that is close to some basic restaurants and shopping but don't expect much out of the accommodations.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Our breakfast area is smaller than you would see in another hotel, but we do have a big buffet serving hot egg & sausage patties, waffles, danihes, muffins, toast, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, cereal's, coffee's, juicies, and inhanced waters. We also extend our breakfast hours on busier days so we can make sure each guest has the chance to come enjoy breakfast. Our pool area is also one of the biggest in this area of hotels, its starts in 3 feet deep and goes to 6 feet deep. We also extend the pool area hours on busier days as well. We are infact close to the outlet mall, it is directly behind us. You can walk right on over and it would only take about 3 minutes to reach it.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed Sat. of Memorial Day weekend. Hotel was fully booked. Fast, friendly check in. 3rd floor room with 1 bed as requested. Room had good set up & comfortable bed. Bathroom not cramped & nice shower head & water pressure. Easy WiFi log in & reception. Faster connection than many places I have been to lately. Enjoyed a quick dip in the good size clean swimming pool. A/C worked well & not too noisy.

Breakfast room is a little small but all the guests were friendly & worked well together to allow good access. Items were well stocked & good variety. Items were fairly standard but good for a hotel. Staff did a good job with a crowd for breakfast. Guests were good variety of families & all ages of adult travelers. Convenient freeway access & safe feeling area. Better than average for the price range. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
From my enitre staff and I, THANK YOU for this wonderful review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that if you enjoyed the room you stayed in, if you stay with us again you can request to have that same room again. We want to make sure our guest are always comfortable while staying with us. Thank you so much. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Quality Inn Sequoia Area? Share your experiences!