“Poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Los Angeles, California
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I am very disappointed. We have never stayed at this hotel before. We called to see if they knew if the park was open. They didn't know. I was surprised as they are in hospitality yet they didn't know a very important tourist attraction. They were willing to look it up but honestly they should've known. We asked for an upgrade to a suite. They said no even though they have plenty available. I was very disappointed they were not willing to allow us to upgrade since it builds customer loyalty. I recommend trying the Charter Inn next door. The Charter Inn has higher ratings and I'm sure they'd be willing to give an upgrade.

• Stayed May 2014
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am sorry that you feel my front desk staff wasn't very knowledgable about certain information you were seeking. But I do feel that if you had mention exactly what park you were intrested in visiting my staff would have been able to help you with the information. But if there is every anything we do not know, we will take the time to look up any information we can find and provide it to our guest. As for the upgrade not being available, all of our rooms are considered upgrades. So any room you book with us, is already a upgrade, you can ask to be move to a different room,we do have suites available at our hotel with 2 seperate rooms in them, but you would have to pay the difference in the room price since the room is a bigger room then the one you already booked. I'm sorry if my staff did not explain this correctly to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The room met my expectations. The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The lobby outside door was open so it was a little warm in there but still ok. The check in process went smoothly and the clerk was pleasant. The wifi worked well. The TV reception was fine. They had an ok continental breakfast. The OJ was somewhat watery but overall the breakfast was good. There is an IHOP adjacent to the motel as well as other restaurants conveniently located in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this glowing review. We appreciate it so very much. Let me apologize for the lobby area being a little stuffy when you checked in. We do try to keep thoughs door closes as much as we can, so we will keep better eyes on them from now on. Also i'm sorry about the orange juice, but as soon as we heard one guest wasn't happy we took care of it right away and put new juice in there. Thank you for letting my staff know about it. We appreciate our guest when they inform us on anything. We are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you showed your room keys at the I-Hop to get the 10% discount for being a guest with us. Again, thank you for this amazing review, and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Castro Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Room was clean. Outside was noisy, they were doing some renovating. Breakfast area is very small with but a few places to sit. Pillows could be better, kind of lumpy. Freeway access is very good, and there are several places to eat in the area.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you Garry for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate it. We are truly sorry about any noises that were too loud. It will not happen again. The pillows we provide are the one we have to supply from Choice Hotels. They tell us what products to have, and then we have to have them in our hotel. So I'm sorry they were not to your liking. We still really apprecaite this review from you. We hope to see you again in the near future and we promise to provide you with the best service we can give. Thanks again Garry!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Customer service was good. Bed was comfortable. Housekkeeping needs improvement. Replaced our towels, but forgot the washclothes. We had ants in our room. Told housekeeping. They took care of it best as they could.

• Stayed May 2014
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We do apologize for the housekeeping not replacing the washcloths, please know I have spoken to all my entire housekeeping staff and it will not happen again. We also apologize for the ant problem, please know that has never happened before and it will never happen again. I am happy that my housekeeping staff were able to take care of that for you. Once again thank you for this wonderful review. We hope to see you again in the future!
Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is very nice, and nicely clean. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning. Room is very spacious and has lovely and comfortable furniture. Also they have a great work out area, and a sauna to relax in once your done working out. We will be staying here anytime we come through town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
First let me thank you from me and my entire staff for this wonderful review. Thank you!! We are so happy that you had a great stay and that we met your expectations. Please know that we also just got a new weights machine in our excersize room. So the next time you come to stay with us you will have to use it! Again, thank you for this wonderful review. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Suisun City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

After driving for a long time we stopped here for the night. We were treated at the front desk by Danielle. She was very helpful with getting us the best deal with our AAA card. We checked into a very nice, clean room. We used the spa but the pool wasn't heated and was too cold. They have a very nice workout room with sauna. This Quality Inn is one of the better ones. Outside grounds are well kept, you can tell they take pride in ownership. The breakfast area is small but has the waffle maker. Not all places have that. We would stop here again.

Stayed March 2014
Daniel C, Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful review. It means the world to us to know our guest enjoyed themselfs while staying at our hotel. We love getting feedback from our guest and please know that I have showed your review to my staff and they all say a BIG thank you. we hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip out here. Again, Thank you for this great online review. We very much appreciate it.
Cherry Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

we travel 8 months a year, when we are even close to Tulare CA. we make sure we stay with this Quality Inn. The hotel is very clean and they have nice rooms for good rates. Mostly its the people they are some of the best we have ever met. We have always felt like we are home when we are there. the Neese's keep up the good work

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel C, General Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
You are so very kind to leave us this awesome review. From myself and my entire staff, THANK YOU!!!! Glad to know that my guest are 100% ejoying themselfs while staying at the Quality Inn hotel. Please know that I have shared this review with my staff and they thank you from the bottom of their hearts. We will definitley keep up the work, and make it better and better. Thank you so very much again!

Been to Quality Inn Sequoia Area? Share your experiences!