“Charged upgrade to non-smoking” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in Tulare
Wilton, California
“Charged upgrade to non-smoking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We like Travelocity Secret Hotel deals as we get a 3 star hotel at a good discount. We ordered a standard room, which in every occasion other than here was a non-smoking room. I said I did not order a smoking room and we were offered and accepted upgrading to non-smoking. The room was fine. The property is fine. Upon check out the next morning we were advised there was a $4.12 charge to upgrade to non smoking. This is not fine! I have to pay more because I do not smoke? Is that right?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel C, Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am sorry that you had a trouble about your room reservation.
We had more inventory of smoking room and we made lower rate for smoking room.
Your travel agent didn't follow your request and chose a smoking room for you to save.
We try to follow our guests' request and recommend them to stay comfortably with us.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oakhurst, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is located directly behind the Premium Outlets in Tulare. An easy walk to shop or go to the movies. The hotel is very nice, with big clean rooms and comfortable bedding including duvets. A flat screen TV and an adjustable head on the shower. The breakfast was hot and offered everything you need to get the morning started. The staff was friendly and helpful.
It is a very easy off and on to Hwy 99 but we didn't have a problem with any road noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Daniel C, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Hotel for your recent stay in Tulare. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time while staying with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well once again the staff at this location are still doing a great job when ever I stay here.... I never have a problem at this hotel....... I sleep good and the room I stay at always quite........ There are restaurants and store nearby walking distance.......... Parking for semi truck is not a problem....... and like i said the staff gives outstanding services......... For the price in this hotel it's worth staying here....... they are fair and it beats staying in Motel 6....... Beside next to this hotel is an shopping outlet.......Stay here you will enjoy it........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Hotel for your recent stay in Tulare, CA. We have read your review about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write it, as our guests’ satisfaction is our priority.
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just got a new TripAdvisor app on my smartphone and found this place. It's on the other side of the freeway from where I normally stay. The price is good, the rooms are nice, & the breakfast was hearty. There is only on flaw but it is a small one. .. It's a little close to the freeway. I could hear it from my room, though it didn't affect me in the slightest but I am sure that someone sensitive to nose would have asked to be moved across the hall. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We do our best to ask our guest where they would like to be located in the hotel, west or east side, the front view of the hotel or the back side, and we try out best to accommodate the guest needs.
Morro Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Don't know why I haven't reviewed this motel before. We always stay here when we visit family in Visalia. There is usually a coupon available at roomsaver.com which lowers the already reasonable price for a double room. We request a room on the back side, away from the noise of the freeway. Staff is competent and friendly, rooms are clean and spacious, beds are comfortable, and internet is free and easy. There is also a refrigerator and a microwave. Breakfast is adequate, although they stop serving at 9:00 A.M.......wish they would extend it until 10. Parking is close to rooms, with rolling carts provided for those with more luggage. My only complaint is with the lighting/fan in the bathroom; the light is not bright enough and the fan is extremely noisy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank for your review. Let us apologize for any inconvenice. We have throughly cleaned the fans that are located in our rooms bathrooms and also we have put in different light bulbs that are not as bright. So thank you for your review and thank you for letting us know what we could improved on.
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Every time I stay at this hotel I always get an out standing service from the staff.......... I have read some bad reviews from this hotel and this people that write those reviews are whiners and need to stay in motel 6 where they belong........ If you want to stay in a quality hotel then this is a place to stay....... From my experience, never have a problem with this place.......

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Daniel C, Manager at Quality Inn Sequoia Area, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for your review and we try to do our best to keep good condition.
Pembroke Pines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was unexpectedly comfortable. The staff was super helpful; the room was comfortable. The breakfast buffet is not exactly what I expected but it was very convenient and had a decent array of items. On the plus side there is an outlet mall in the back and even better a Starbucks across the street. I was there to visit my new home. I'd stay there again and recommended it to my sister when she comes.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank You so much for your review. We try out best to make sure our guest have a great stay while they are staying with us.

Been to Quality Inn Sequoia Area? Share your experiences!