“Good Hotel but not Handicap Friendly.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Tulare
Desert Hot Springs, CA
“Good Hotel but not Handicap Friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was comfortable for the price. The air conditioner muffles the sound of the busy road in front of the hotel. My problem was that the hotel does not have an elevator. The staff will go out of their way to carry you luggage for you, however it was a big problem for me with my back. I stayed 2 days to visit my father and had to make many trips up and down the stairs. I Had to take pain pills and would not have booked this room if I had been made aware. The room was clean and the breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room on the first floor if you have problems climbing stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orcutt, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Traveled to Tulare to attend a memorial service. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would only say the bed could be upgraded but it was not an issue sleeping in. Good tv.
Considering the cost of the room I was amazed and so pleased at the quality and cleanliness.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very helpful staff, wonderful room, Close to freeway. Enjoyed everything about my stay rated my stay an A++ comparing to other hotels that I have stayed in. This by far was excellently priced.Bed was comfortable and soft and the air condition was on so traveling along time and coming into a cool room was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived early evening-but after a long 9 hr drive and we were pretty tired. We did not have a reservation, but I am a Diamond Elite member and fortunately they had a room and the price was reasonable. We asked the gal at the front desk for a recommendation for somewhere to eat and she was able to make some helpful suggestions; so we dropped off our luggage and went to eat. The room was clean and spacious-we found the bed to be comfortable and we had a 'very restful' (and much needed) good nights sleep!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tigard, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am a Diamond Elite member who frequents many Choice Hotels and Motels. It is "comforting" to know I have Tulare's, Comfort Suites, to stay in after a long day on the road.The professional and courteous staff is a pleasure to deal with when I'm ready to relax. They have recommended local restaurants that have wonderful ambiance and cuisine.The accomodations are well kept, quiet, close to shopping and good restaurants. It's a pleasure to visit with other guests and hear their psitive comments regarding their experiences at this facility. I will continue to frequent this,"home away from home". Thank You Choice Hotels !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very helpful staff, excellent price. Close to restaurants, gas stations, Wal-Mart, movie theatre, etc. Good jumping off place to Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Parks, about 2 to 21/2 hrs into Cedar Grove of Kings Canyon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was smoke free and relatively close to Sequoia NP. We got to the hotel after 10 pm and too tired to fuss about anything but there were stains on both bedspreads (ugh) as well as a stain on the sofa that looked like it was made by a very wet diaper. I cannot understand how they could advertise "all new rooms" when obviously ours was not updated. On the plus side, the room is spacious and there is a fridge & microwave. And it was the least expensive hotel we stayed in during our 10 day visit to California.

Room Tip: Just don't stay in the hotel unless you are very sure your room has been completely updated.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kevin P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know of your situation. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate it when our guests make the effort to bring to our attention items that need to be corrected. We are currently finishing our remodel with new bedding for our entire hotel to address these problems. We just renovated are bathrooms, and rooms with new sinks, Carpet, Furniture, Televisions, Paint, and are now changing our bedding to NEW Triple sheeting for a more modern and clean look. The hotel is in the final stages of the remodel and we will address all the these issues.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!