“Tulare Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
“Tulare Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This Hampton Inn was conveniently located to freeways and shopping. The staff was so courteous and helpful. Our room was clean and beds were comfy. Breakfast was tasty and just right. I can't think of one thing to complain about. I would stay here again, and I think I'm kinda picky!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Carolyne K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Tulare! We loved having you and hope that you choose to stay with us again! Let us know the next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sonora Ca, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great and clean rooms and helpful staff. Newer hotel in a decent neighborhood. Food options close by. Only negatives was the television kept loosing signal and the aromoa of nature as it is a dairy town. Aromoa was outside only. Rooms were fresh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your praise! We are pleased that you had a great stay with us. We apologize for the issue with the TV. I will have my Maintenance staff resolve the issue. As for the agriculture smell, I only wish we could mask it. We do appreciate your patience with this issue and thank you for your understanding. We look forward to your next visit to Tulare!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The last time we stayed in Tulare we stayed at the Best Western Plus, which was OK but nothing to write home about. I was hoping that the Hampton brand might prove to be an upgrade over Best Western Plus and was willing to pay an exra $20 per night give or take for it. But I was left disappointed as I didn't notice anything different about the Hampton Inn v. the Best Western Plus which is nearby. In fact you could have taken one sign or logo off of one and placed it on the other hotel and I doubt anyone would notice any difference at all. Which of course begs the question as to why I'm paying an extra $20 per nite to stand in the Hampton brand.

The only positive I can really take away from it is that Hampton Inn offers express check out for Hampton/Hilton members, which the Best Western brand did not offer me. This is a pretty big deal, in that the last thing I want to do when leaving a hotel and packing the car is swing by the front desk to wait in line or deal with some desk clerk when all I really need to do is drop off some keys and collect my receipt. However, whether this service is really worth an extra $20 per night is definitely questionable.

The room was clean and the bedding and carpet appeared new though the sofa and desk chair looked a little worn and the in room wifi connection was unreliable. The AC unit worked well. The room had an average-sized flat screen TV, but we didn't watch any TV during the stay so I don't know how the selection of cable channels was. In the bathroom was the usual skimpiest of bottles of shampoo and conditioner provided. I really hate those little bottles! And of course the usual infant size towels that have become so prevalent in these mid-range types of business hotels.

Front desk staff was acceptable - not particularly friendly, but fast and efficient and after a 9-hour drive that's really all I care about. Just get me into a good room quickly, I don't need fake smiles and greetings Hampton brand. But some free cookies or a bottle of water at check-in would be nice. I just got off the road from a 9-hour drive, the least you could do is offer me some water! However, they did accommodate me by putting me on the 4th floor (their top floor), I always like to stay as high as possible for the view. There isn't any noteworthy view of course however, because it's Tulare, but still it's nice to be able to look out and see some bluish sky and trees.

The parking area could use a little more lighting for safety purposes and they need more available parking so you don't have to park so far from an entrance door.

Overall, the hotel is certainly acceptable, but at $110 per night (with tax and all) I might be looking at a different option next time I'm in Tulare or nearby Visalia.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyne K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing us on your last trip to Tulare. We appreciate your comments, whereas they give us information on areas in which can improve. We will share your thoughts with the staff in our daily meeting. We do hope that you consider us the next time you visit!
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The room is clean and the customer service is excellent . They treat me well here. I got upgraded to a suite because I stay at Hampton Inns often. The Hampton inns are in lots of places I travel for business. this time they had notes saying we washed the duvet just for your stay. The rooms are always clean and the customer service is very consistent no matter which town i am in. They also gave me a coupon for five dollars off of a dinner at Cool Hand Luke's restaurant. If I ever have a issue they take care of it immediately . I feel feel like a valued customer of the Hampton Inns. Very very consistent service no matter where I travel and stay. They have a good program for business customers which I suggest you use. It helps to get Perks. You know it's almost impossible to write 200 characters for a I review of anything I do on Travel advisor. The needs to be changed. You never Jon how many characters you have to hav to complete the 200 characters uou don't know how much to add. I am running out of things to say in this review.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased that you have found a comfortable location to accomidate your travel needs in us. We strive to provide that "home away from home" to all our guests and thank you for feeling we accomplish the task. We will share your comments with our staff in our daily meeting. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Tulare!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed there last weekend (March 29-31) and we loved the hotel. We wanted to visit Sequoia so the location was perfect. The rooms are very clean, they have all the in-room amenities you need. The breakfast is really good!! They have everything from orange juice, eggs, waffles, fruit, coffee... you name it they have it. We had a problem with our room and the costumer service was really good, they gave us different solutions to the problem. The price was really good too. I will definitively recommend this hotel.
It's really close to the Outlets and to Visalia... so it's a great location if you are planning on visiting the cheese farms or the orange or nut farms... Yes this region is the most productive agricultural region in the nation!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Tulare! We are also greatful for your kind comments! We will be sharing your remarks with our staff in our daily meeting and will be sure to acknowledge the staff for their fine performance. We know there are many choices when you travel and thank you for taking a chance on us! We hope to see you again in the future!
Sterling, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This appears to be a fairly new property. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was clean and well appointed. There are several restaurants within walking distance. We had a room on the upper floor overlooking the parking area at the rear of the hotel. Noise wasn't an issue. The hotel seemed fairly full of federal and Edison of California employees, most of whom were gone to work by the time we enjoyed the delicious free breakfast. There isn't an on site laundry facility, but not a big deal.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor away from the elevator/ice machine/stairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carolyne K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks! We love hearing from happy guests! I will be sharing your thoughts with the staff during our daily meeting today! We hope to see you in the future!!
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent value, close to 99, best hotel in Tulare and close to outlet mall . Hotel provides discount coupons to some diners. Black Bear diner and Cool Hand Lukes are great places to eat.
Parking is good, they have security guards at night and free breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: first floor king suites help you avoid the elevator in this 4 floor hotel and puts you right by pool...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback you have given us! We appreciate your kind remarks and I will be sure to share them with the staff during our daily meeting. We know you have many choices for lodging when you travel and we love that you chose us!!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare? Share your experiences!