“Comfy beds, great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
“Comfy beds, great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel as a rest point on a road trip from Sacramento to LA. Great location, right off the freeway with plenty of surrounding restaurants and gas stations. They erroneously put us in a room with a king bed instead of two queens but fixed it very quickly. There was also a loud party going on across the hall from our new room and they nipped that in the bud as well. The beds were extremely comfy and they have a nice breakfast setup with plenty of room to sit and a full breakfast food selection. My only beef is that I found hairs in the tub. Makes me wonder if someone skipped the cleaning.

• Stayed November 2012
Joe D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are a great hotel for families to stretch out and relax during those long trips across the state. We appreciate your recommendation and we hope you will be back sooner than later!

PS: We love having you here!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked our room through RCI, the timeshare exchange company. With a few points we were able to get a king bed suite for $25 for 2 nights. That's 12.50/night. It was a steal.

When we arrived, after I checked in and had gotten our room keys, the first thing I noticed is that the room was not as described. It was just the size of a regular room, but with a king size bed and a pullout couch where two queen beds would be. I knew there wasn't a bedroom, but I did expect everything to be spread out a bit.

The furniture looks older than the hotel itself. Especially the couch and chairs. I felt kind of icky having my kids lay on the pullout, but they didn't get anything.

This is not to say the room was dirty. It was clean, smelled like "clean". For the most part I avoided the skin crawling feeling. I was almost there once, when I realized in the shower that the tub still had dirt in it from a previous occupant. Speaking of the shower, the shower curtain was too small and kept slipping around, spoiling my hot shower with cold spots.

Lastly, I was not told that a $100 hold would be put on my card. I was told it was to keep on file for incidentals. We checked out yesterday and the money is still being held in my account in limbo. This policy could end up inconveniencing a lot of people.

the Pros:

free breakfast; bacon, eggs, do it yourself fresh, hot waffles. Good stuff.

free wifi/internet even got it on my phone

check out at noon. I consider that a late check out. Boy did I need it yesterday.

Friendly, if not helpful staff. They never did anything about my small shower curtain issue, but the girl who checked us out did give my kids a complimentary goodie bag with water and snacks. That is what bump my rating up one star, the hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joe D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your time in Tulare while visiting family. Our staff greatly appreciates your feedback on our hotel and services. We hope to see you again soon!

Tonawanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hampton Inn very clean, room nice, Buffet bfst included very good. Desk service excellant, parking good, price fair. Several restaurant nearby. Used Black Bear (chain) good variety, family oriented, hard to be disapointed with menu and price

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Joe D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad that you had a great time in our beautiful Central Valley. We hope to see you again soon!

Ps: We love having you here!!!!
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a nice experience for being a category 2 hotel. I booked an award night here, and took very few points yet it is a nice, clean hotel, has good sleep quality, standard good breakfast, fast and efficient service at the front desk, not crowded, an efficient business center. Nothing to remember being special about this hotel, but nothing wrong with it either.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and we hope to make your next stay even more memorable. Please let us know when you will be in Tulare next and we will make sure we add that extra special touch of Hamptonality that makes us Hampton!

Ps: We love having you here!!!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our trip to sequoia. The rooms are clean, there is free breakfast, and easy access from highway. Not too much in the area to eat of you don't like chains. For us it worked for the one night but it's just for that,one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We completely agree! We are great for a one night’s stay when passing through California’s beautiful Central Valley. We encourage everyone to pull off for an evening to get some well deserved rest and relaxation. We are also able to accommodate for the extended stay travelers with our well-appointed suites, free hot breakfast buffet and WIFI. We hope to see you again soon!

Ps: We love having you here!!!!
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The room given to us was really comfortable and the breakfast offered was very decent. The main problem I would have with going back there is that I made my reservation through a third party website and paid with that website. Nonetheless, they charged my credit card at their regular fare and two weeks later, I still have to deal with the issue, as they consider it's my responsibility to fix this with the third party and not theirs. Hopefully they will refund me soon but this is getting very frustrating and makes me reconsider staying with Hampton Inn altogether in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your review. I always enjoy hearing from our guests and I am very sorry thatyour experience was inconvenienced by a billing issue.Please reach out to us with your confirmation or HHonors number so that we can help further with the issue. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

PS: We love having you here !!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed again at this Hampton Inn and had no major complaints. Room was spotless, staff friendly to the point of offering ice cream during the hot Tulare summer. Breakfast was great and I regret that I didn't have time to enjoy the pool.

Got an excellent AAA rate, my HH VIP ammenity was in the room and am looking forward to staying at another new Hampton Inn the Peru Illinois area in a few weeks. Please continue the "great" work!

Room Tip: Rooms are cooler on the east side of the hotel.