“Great for those on Business” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Certificate of Excellence 2014
The "OC"
“Great for those on Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great hotel and location. I would recommend the suite because it comes with a refrigerator and microwave including free popcorn in the room. Plus, it had a separate reading area so you did not feel cramped. The room was large, bed very comfortable and very clean. Included Free internet and best of all it was close to a bunch of restaurants so you do not have to drive anywhere once you park your car. Hotel staff were very friendly and gave good suggestions on places to eat. Plus, free cookies in the evening. The first night we ate at Chilito's which is right across the street. Cold beers, good Mexican and $3 margaritas all day. I was moving a little slow the next morning. The following evening we went to Cool Hand Lukes which is like an Outback Steak house. We went right to the bar because they had a bunch of flat screens and watched my Angels win.. Make sure to also ask for a trivia game box. We played Texas Holdem and Blackjack the entire time. We started off with some appetizers includng the calamari strips and the chicken skewers. OMG they were both out of this work. You get 6 chicken skewers and they have some kind of chili powder rub that was real tasty and a little spicy. The calamari had a buttery sauce and they did not last long. Next the waitress came by with a container of chili beans, hot rolls with garlic butter. She said that it comes with all meals. Well, all I can say was I was pretty stuffed after all the appetizers. We ended up ordering two small dinner salads which was all I needed.
The cocktails were very good and the service was fast. Only downside is they close at 9pm. They were cool and let us stay while they cleaned up and even let us order another round. I think we left around 9:45. Right acoss the freeway is a Starbucks so you can get your caffine fix each morning. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you tell them you are there on business and may return they should give you a little discount.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here at this Hampton Inn near my hometown and found it a treasure. I was acknowledged for my Hilton Honor status, received the room that I had requested, was asked repeatedly if there were any issues with the room, and I was reminded about their breakfast buffet in the morning.

Pool and hot tub were enjoyable, plus we also recieved a late check out. The room rate was reasonable, and the staff was courteous, and the hotel brand new. This Hampton Inn is "tops" and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pismo Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The staff was very accomodating to the 12 families that were on the team. It was hard to know how many rooms and nights we would be there since it was tournament play. The staff was extremely helpful. The breakfast was excellent. The hotels was close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. It was also quiet and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here for a night traveling from OC to Kings Canyon and Yosemite for some early summer hiking. Great value property and it is very clean and quiet. It is the best Hampton I have stayed at in years. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Great service, friendly staff, very clean. Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Gorham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed here with a bunch of guys working in the area. We were there for 3 months, on and off. The service, from the managers to the cleaning people are very nice. I had the chance to meet just about everyone there, and was made to feel like I was at home! Great job Hector, and all of your crew!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We made this reservation from the road, as our plans had changed, and used Honors points. When we arrived late that night, I discovered I made the reservation for the next night by mistake. Roxanne was at the desk, and she was not at all bothered by this, but immediately corrected it and gave us a room. As if that was not enough, she also then brought out fresh-baked cookies and milk! (I know this was a coincidence of timing, but we felt very welcomed, and while I have had cookies in other hotels, I have never gotten milk before.) Then we found we had not gotten just any room! It was a suite, a very spacious room, with a sofa, tables, king bed, and many other amenities. I wish we could have stayed for several nights. The breakfast was nice too, as is usual at this chain..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare? Share your experiences!