“Way Better Than a 26 Ranking!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Way Better Than a 26 Ranking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Man, if this place is ranked 26 in Truckee, then Truckee has some amazing restaurants!

I ate there twice - which is very unusual for me when on the road (since I like to try as many places as I can).

Fast, very friendly service. I was obviously a tourist, but was treated like one of the many locals in the place.

You have to try the calamari. I'd never had it served as it was and it was excellent!

The pizza is well above average. Two of us took down a 14 incher. The cheese/garlic bread is crispy with just the correct amount of cheese.

Solid pricing - good value - easy to find - simple parking.

Definitely would come back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Casual and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

When the locals like a place in a resort area the management is doing things right. Atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. Bar and wait staff is friendly and professional. Food is above average Italian-American.

Visited August 2012
Vacaville, California
“overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

sitting outside was nice. Our server was good. Just a little overpriced for meatless pasta.

Visited June 2012
Southern Cal
“Good Pizza, will go again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

The pizza was pretty good--maybe not the best ever, but when it's cold outside and you've been skiing or hiking or playing in the snow all day, it does hit the spot. Service was ok, and the prices were reasonable, so I'm sure I'll be coming here again in the future. Seemed like a family-friendly place.

Visited December 2011
Windsor, Colorado
“Great Place for Good Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I joined a group of 10-12 others after a business meeting and we very impressed with the quality of the food and the service. The portions were very generous. I didn't get the Calzone, but a couple people did and their were enormous. My Lasagna was quite large and filling also. My wife got the Chicken Parmesan and had a challenge eating it all. Zano's is a very good Italian Restaurant.

Visited May 2012