“Enjoy staying here” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Truckee
San Jose, California
“Enjoy staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

My family just stayed here for one night on a last minute skiing trip to Northstar. The location is very convenient for us. It is only minutes away from Northstar ski resort.

The hotel is very cozy. The room is comfortable, clean, and both the room and the bathroom are fairly spacious. The service is excellent. The checkin staff was friendly and efficient (checkin was very fast). They even called our room shortly after check in to see if we needed anything. It had a welcoming feeling, as the breakfast staff and cleaning staff we encountered are all very friendly and helpful. They also served a hot breakfast that was nice and filled us up for the slopes. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
OXNARD, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Upon arrival,and check in the Hampton staff make you at home,and the services offered create exactly what you need to start,and end your days perfectly. Breakfast is included,and extensive from eggs,waffles,fruit ,toast,and every breakfast item a kid,or young at heart,or business traveler could crave ,or need.Beverage ,and fruit available throughout the day...what a plus!! Also with personal greetings by the manager ,one feels he is being catered to ,as they set excellence as the bar to be achieved.
The rooms are super clean,large,and comfortable,and anything required is a phone tap away.Again the staff prompt,courteous,and knowledgeable. Truly, I was impressed with the night's sleep I had every night. The Hampton has the most incredible beds I ever slept on,and that alone made me so enthused about the stay ,that I really want to go there always to spend my many trips,and vacations to Tahoe.Location just outside of downtown Truckee,and short distance off I-80 ,on the main highway to Northstar,and Lake Tahoe North shore...great!!! AGAIN! Need I really say more? O.K. The worries seem to be taken away by a hotel..that as Inn ,and Suites does provide Excellent amenities,and service without a doubt making this the HOT SPOT....family ,solo,friend,or business ...The Hampton Inn and Suites actually has it all,and the staff make the whip cream on the cake! Plan your next trip now.I am! Lynn Meder Oxnard,Ca.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Let me start by saying that I work in the customer service industry. I'm very very critical of poor service. Yet, all I have is praise for Rick Rucker's team at the Hampton Inn.
We were driving through the Truckee on our way to the Bay Area and decided to have an extra night of vacation with our 5 year old.
Reviews on trip advisor (especially the managers' response to the only poor review of this hotel) convinced me to give it a try. I'm a hotel snob. I like , Grand Hyatts, or Schrager hotels like the Royalton in NY etc.
When it's not business, and I have to pay, I avoid chains as much as I can.This hotel may make me look again.
The staff is friendly, directly concerned with the guests well being. The room was Super clean, the bed GREAT! it's a quarter mile from Northstar and a half mile from JAX Diner and the best Chili in the world (with Chipotole corn bread).
You will be very happy staying here.

• Stayed February 2011
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

We had a ski vacation up in Truckee. Enjoyed skiing with our daughter at Donner Downhill Skiing. I searched all over Truckee for a good hotel. Spent a lot of time on tripadvisor checking out the reviews. When it came down to it, I found that this hotel had the least bad comments and more positive comments. My husband finally said to me, "Let's stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites because with Hilton at least you know what you are getting." That did it for me because it is true, with Hilton, you do know that there are standards and you are going to get a good room and faciliites. I am also an HHOnors member so we got double points for our two days because they have a special HHOnors promotion going on. We loved the lobby and the breakfast. The hotel general manager came out each morning to greet us. I chose one of those large rooms with the one bedroom suite. It even had a fireplace in it. The beds were so nice and comfy. The staff was cheerful and helpful in everyway.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Fast checkin, nice lobby with cozy fireplace, sitting area and buffet breakfast included.
Nice suite with 2 queen comfy beds and one pullout sofa for our large family of 5. Room came equiped with a microwave, fridge and sink. There was hot chocolate and tea available 24 hours in the lobby. No bars to hang out or get drinks from, but we were with our kids so this didn't matter. Fitness room was clean and usable as well as the spa. This was fun to use in the middle of December where the snow covered everything from head to toe. The hotel was cozy,,clean and the service impeccible. I would recommend this hotel. Great for skiers and snow sport enthusiest. Not for a romantic weekend, but perfect for a stay in Tahoe while skiing or snow play.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Leoma, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

We traveled @ the first of November, arrived in the town around 4:30pm. Almost all shops were closed and only one Restaurant was open. We decided to stay @ the Hampton Inn, the hotel was okay but nothing great. We were hungry and walked to a nearby store, which did not have any meats, cheese only junk food. Will not stay there again, will drive on down to Tahoe.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Mendocino CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We visited the Hampton Inn for the first two nights of a short vacation to see fall colors on the eastern Sierras. We booked a suite with king size bed. The room, on the 3rd floor,
was clean and spacious. The furniture is comfortable, and the decor is pleasing.
The bed was very comfortable ( not too firm), one of the main reasons I book rooms at Hampton Inn. The windows are operable - an important consideration to me as I like fresh air. There was a really nice fireplace in the suite, gas operated and set on a timer so that you don't have to worry about leaving it on. Nice ambiance.

The breakfast includes hot selections such as scrambled eggs and waffles as well as fresh fruit. I like non processed food but I could still find items that were acceptable.

The location is not close to old town Truckee so you need to drive to visit shops or restaurants. My only criticism of Truckee is that for a town this size, there should be a better selections of restaurants.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe - Truckee? Share your experiences!