“NEVER COMING BACK” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Country Lodge

Alpine Country Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truckee
Alpine Country Lodge
Save Saved
You added Alpine Country Lodge to your Saves list
12260 Deerfield Drive, Truckee, CA 96161   |
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Truckee
Salem, OR
“NEVER COMING BACK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

Way over priced for the room you get... or shall I say closet! Paid for a full week, was told full week ended a day short. Ended up getting a room in Reno, more reasonable rate with friendlier staff! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone EVER!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY AWAY... stay on the freeway!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
sacramento CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

My husband and I booked this place for Friday/Saturday night, I was a little leery since there were no photos or website, however the lady sounded so nice , and it was pet friendly and I went head. We arrived on that Friday evening around 7PM, at first sight it was not a luxury hotel by a long shot, and was located directly off the freeway, but I thought it would be ok.
The next morning we woke around 7 AM to shower and start our day, to our surprise NO HOT WATER! the manager was not in her office nor did she live on site, we therefore packed our stuff after letting the water run for about 20 minutes and decided to leave and find another facility. We contacted the lady (Mary) via her cell phone, who was very nice and said "oh I had that propane filled yesterday it should be fine", therefore she was aware of the NO HOT WATER upon our arrival. We had asked for an adjustment on our bill, not a free room, we didnt expect that but an adjustment, she said fine she would call us later that day and let me know how it adjusted on my credit card, after not hearing from her we called and her tune had changed to "no way can i give you your money back (not our intent) I have bills, blah, blah, and that she would give us 10.00 back, so it ruined our relaxing get away and we had to drive home that day (Saturday) as we could not find any pet friendly hotels available.
The rooms was very noisy, and a complete dive! I certainly did not expect the room for free by any means but the $10.00 certainly didnt cover the gas of having to drive around and look for another place, I would not recommend this place to my worse enemy, I cartainly beleive that it is unaccepatable to not have hot water, and I will be filing a complaint with the Better Buisness Bureau! Stay elsewhere!

Dana-Sacramento CA

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no hot water to shower in!
  • Tips/Secrets — don't wtay here for sure!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Alpine Country Lodge? Share your experiences!