“Greasy Mexican” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Greasy Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a local favorite. Not my favorite though. It's a little rough on the inside. In the summer they have a good deck for outdoor seating and lots of TV's to watch football, the complimentary chips and salsa is nice. And the bar staff is pretty good, but the food is greasy american-mexican. It's not that well done. It's a good place to go when you just don't want to cook.

A word of caution, check your bill at the end of the meal and make sure they totaled it correctly. This has happened to me twice.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Clearlake Oaks, CA
“GREAT DRINKS!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The drinks here are reasonable and very good!! However the food?? Food is ok, good.. over the top? no.. Food is a bit overpriced for what you get..
We had a special at $7.99 Chili Relleno w/rice/beans, not bad.. Lunch menu with a beef taco (size about like taco bell $1 taco) and Chili Relleno $13 plus!!
My advise would be to have the specials.. no tacos as they are super expensive!!
Food was decent..

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
minnesota
“Great Margarita and apps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped by for a drink and some apps on a friday afternoon. We had the ceviche and chips and salsa. We also ordered a couple of margaritas, I can't remember what the name was but I'm pretty sure they cost $9. At first I thought this was a little steep, but this was a seriously potent cocktail. It easily had double to triple the tequila that you would get at other places and they actually used a good tasting tequila (i.e. 100% agave, not jose cuervo). I enjoyed the ceviche and the salsa was great. Good service. I really wanted to back here for dinner but ran out of time. Next time I'm in Truckee I will go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent Bartender!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Sit at the bar and enjoy your meal while watching the bartender whip up great margaritas. Try the shrimp chimichanga for a twist and order extra salsa. The food is really good.

Visited September 2012
“Unfortunate experience for someone who has eaten here many times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Service never replenished our chips or salsa, I had to get out 2nd pitcher of water because nobody came back after we ordered. We had 5 people during a non busy Monday evening, they got one of the orders wrong and said it was ready but it took another 10 minutes to bring it out. We asked if we could order margaritas and the waiter said yes and left. He then asked me how many and what kind when I approached the water pitcher table. Then they were slow getting them to us and mine had a hair in it. He did comp our drinks however but it was still a poor experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food