“Who Knew Organic Is So Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 95 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: Italian style cafe / coffeebar.
Description: Italian style cafe / coffeebar.
New Bern, North Carolina
“Who Knew Organic Is So Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stopped by the funky little CoffeeBar after walking on Jibboom finishing our Truckee walkabout. What did we find? Warm, friendly employees who actually talk to you like people, fantastic coffee products, fresh-made bakery items, inside and outside seating areas, and pretty reasonable prices for those pleasures! My wife had a wonderful latte (expertly made by Beth!), I had a very smooth Americano, and we both shared a raspberry-lemon bar. Shared meaning she had a few bites before I devoured the thing - yummy!!! After we sat down outside, Beth came by and chatted for a while. She was so sweet, because as an employee she could have just gone on a break, but took the time to say hello. Thanks, Beth!! It's small places like these that make traveling and meeting people so much fun. Wish we could have spent more time here. When we come back, we certainly will!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Roseville, California, United States
“Awesome coffee, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the historic Truckee Hotel, and in the morning, took a short walk to Coffeebar! It's a popular place with the locals and the young people behind the counter were all super friendly. I had a latte and my husband had an Americano, and we shared a raspberry scone that was delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The best coffee shop in truckee. Wild cherries must be sad this place went in. I've seen several places try to make it in this location and haven't, but coffee bar is thriving. I'm there several times a week! I will say I'm not a fan of their hot chocolate, but everything else is way yummy

USA
“Excellent coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great quality coffee and excellent space to hang out. Get there early if you want a parking spot or be prepared to pay! They take their coffee seriously here. Excellent.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
“A Little Slice of Seattle!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Okay, I'm from Seattle and a self-confessed coffee snob. I'm one of those people who think Starbucks is "factory coffee," that's suitable only as a last resort.

So, I don't normally buy coffee anywhere unless I sense they have what it takes.

CoffeeBar could easily make a case in Seattle. It has a "hip" sort of vibe with cool baristas, and ambiance.

Of course, the coffee had to be good and it was. They took their time and made it correctly. They had some pretty decent coffee art as well in the foam.

They served food as well and I had a panini of sorts. It was very good.

Plenty of locals there (we were obviously from out of town, but were treated well just the same).

Several folks kicked back shooting the breeze, some students doing homework, and people like us just looking to get a solid cup of coffee.

Definitely would come back.

• Visited September 2012