“rafting fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 activities in Truckee
Type: Tours, Bodies of Water
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tahoe Whitewater Tours is a family owned and operated company. Our goal to provide you with the most memorable river experience possible. Work with our team to experience the thrill of a lifetime. Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Arcadia, California
“rafting fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family was looking for a fun and safe experience to do for the day. We had never been rafting and wanted to find a company that had a great safety rating with knowledgeable and experienced guides. We asked at our hotel and this company came highly recommended. When we arrived we were impressed by the quality of their staff and received enough training to navigate down a class 3 run with our guide without any problems. There was even another family that took their paraplegic relative rafting as well. I knew we were in good hands. I have to say it was my favorite part of our trip and would happily do it again the next time we're here. If you're going to take a rafting trip, this is the only company to do it with. Thanks to CJ our guide who gave our family a fantastic experience that my family will never forget.

Mt Carmel
3 attraction reviews
“Thrilling Adventure for 1st Timers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have always wanted to do this and I am so happy we chose this company! My husband & I chose the Boca Run: Class III. It was a great choice for first timers. Our guide was Zok who was very experienced and explained everything to where we could comprehend. The scenery was majestic and I feel that I could go up a level the next time due to Zok's teaching. It was a thrill of a lifetime! The cost was $58 dollars per person for 5 hours of your time. There was a professional photographer that took many photos of everyone during the trip, even action shots. We received a disc of our trip for $40, and it was worth every penny!!

Ventura, California, United States
“Such an amazing experience for our family!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I have always wanted to go whitewater rafting....looking around online for places to go in tahoe, there were so many options. My hotel referred this company, and I am SO THANKFUL they did. The experience was one in a lifetime. My kids (11 and 12) both felt safe, and confident (thanks to our AMAZING instructor Chris) - and they had a BLAST, including myself. Our instructor Chris, was so knowledgeable, fun, and a great teacher!!! I can't wait to return....thank you so much for this great experience.

They also have a great photographer, that takes some amazing photos...totally worth the price!!!

Redwood City, California
“Thrilling and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was the first time my husband and I went whitewater rafting, and we had a great time! Our guide was very experienced and the instructions he gave the group before we started out on the river were helpful, informative, and showed us how to deal with any situations that may arise while we were out there. I'm not a strong swimmer and I made sure to tell the guide that, since some of the instructions given involved swimming, and he assured me he'd come for me first if we fell out, though the chances of that happening were minimal. Our guide knew the river well enough to tell us in advance when we were approaching any areas that could prove to be problematic, and he showed us how to get through the rapids safely every single time. There were class 3 rapids on this trip, and not one of us fell out! There were three boats out there, and one had a guide that was fairly inexperienced but our guide mentioned that he was in rafting school, and had to take his friends and family out on several runs through the river, and wouldn't be allowed to take others out until he knew the river well and was experienced enough to go out. This was reassuring, and we've decided that we'll definitely go back to Tahoe Whitewater Tours for another rafting trip with our friends the next time we're there. We would definitely recommend this company to others!

4 attraction reviews
“A Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

My family and I, six of all together, did the Boca Run on the Truckee River during a family vacation this week in Lake Tahoe. We all had a wonderful time and highly recommend this company. Reservations were easy to make on the phone and we received thorough information about what to wear, bring, and expect on this rafting trip. Our guide, Ivan, was fun, knowledgable, and a pleasure as he led our trip. This company uses smaller rafts, just the perfect size for our group. The trip was mostly class I and II, with class III for an exciting and exhilarating ending to an great afternoon. As a bonus, we were able to purchase a CD of excellent photos, which we will have for a very long time.