“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Kansas City, Missouri
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stumbled into this one by mistake. We had the Reuben and a hot pastrami. It has been ages since I saw sandwiches with so much meat. The Reuben was perfect! It had great meat, excellent sauce and plenty of Swiss cheese. The pastrami was also excellent. We added a meat knish as well. The knish was fabulous. This place reminded me of the delis we used to visit in St. Louis.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Sacramento, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I don't get it. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, my husband and I made a trip to the Full Belly Deli. We almost didn't find it. It is in a quasi-industrial area (not a pretty location for sure) and off the beaten path. We split a turkey sub and each had a fruit cup. It was no different than any other typical deli sandwich and the ambience is non-existent. Also kind of pricey for the kind of place it is, but our sandwich was large enough to split. ($20 for one sandwich two fruit cups and two small drinks.) I guess I could get more excited about it if I lived or worked near there and had limited options. Not the kind of place you would make a special trip to visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate at Full Belly Deli 3 days in a row. Need I say more? The sandwiches are delicious. Their freshly made bread is so good. We particularly liked the jalapeño cheddar bread. My young boys liked the quesadilla and the breakfast sandwich. The sandwiches are huge, you can share or get your own and take any leftovers back to the hotel fridge and it makes a great dinner! We have talked about it multiple times since we have been back from vacation saying that we wish we could eat at Full Belly Deli. We may go back to Tahoe just for the sandwiches :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indiana
“Delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Unfortunately, we discovered this place on our last day in Tahoe. Otherwise I think we probably would have eaten lunch here every day. It is that good. Honest...it's yummy! We were in Truckee for the day shopping and asked one of the locals where to eat for lunch. They recommended this place and it did not dissappoint. The portion sizes are huge, the food delish, the staff was kind and patient as we ordered for all 7 of us and overall just a wonderful little gem of a place. I highly recommend the veggie wrap and the Reuben.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“FIVE SPOONS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Voted Truckee Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year in 2012.

The food is as good as all the reviews. Great sandwiches. The place is packed at lunch time.

On the Bonkmeister Scale: 5 Spoons !!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere