“FIVE SPOONS!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
“FIVE SPOONS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Voted Truckee Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year in 2012.

The food is as good as all the reviews. Great sandwiches. The place is packed at lunch time.

On the Bonkmeister Scale: 5 Spoons !!!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Truckee, California
“Best Sandwiches in Truckee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best deli in town. I've been there many times. Always solid. I usually get the veggie sub on blue cheese bread. Yes, you heard me, blue cheese bread.

Visited May 2013
Truckee, California
“They sure got the name right.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been here several dozen times and never had a bad experience. The food is always good and fresh, no pre-processed junk here. The bread is amazing and made in house. The staff is friendly, fast and accommodating to special orders. The sandwiches are huge and they don't skimp on the meats and the best part, their prices. For the size of the sandwich you are almost stealing the food.

We will continue to eat here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dillon
“Full Belly, Indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place is amazing...it's easily one of my favorite restaurants in all of Truckee/Tahoe. First of all, the value is amazing...portions are HUGE! Second, everything is amazingly fresh, starting with the bread...which they make in the store, I believe. Third, they source their meat and veggies locally as much as possible (I really want to say it's all locally sourced, but I am not 100% sure about that). That is really important to me because local just tastes better! The meats are amazingly flavorful and each sandwich is crafted with love. As good as the food is here...and I must say I could not disagree MORE with sejw's review of FBD...I can not say enough good things about Staff here. They are always friendly and willing to accommodate requests that are reasonable and they are so into what they do and it shows. They are friendly and inviting. Full Belly leaves my tummy and my heart happy!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Wonderful bread and sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a sandwich to share and it looked like we had purchased two. The sandwich was so large and the bread so good. We had the jalapeno cheddar bread with our pastrami sandwich. We would've eaten lunch here again if it were open on Thanksgiving day.

Visited November 2012