The snow was melting away, and our small family of 3 just couldn't wait to ski one last time in the spring. From the minute we pulled up to hotel until we drove away, we can genuinely say, we experienced the world-class hotel with top-notch service.
We booked the club-level for 3 nights, and in true ritz style, getting the impeccable club services was the way to go. The choice of food at the club lounge was great and the club staff was very attentive and personable. We would like to give a big shout out to the two club supervisors, Alaine Lewis, and Hassan Shabazz, who attended our every need, above and beyond our expectations.
Best of all, the ski-concierge service was A-1. The minute we rented our skis and bought the lift-tickets inside the Ritz's "Mountain Concierge" desk, we realized the concept of the convenient ski-in, ski-out, is at best experienced here. The ski staff pampers you all the way to the slopes of the ski runs, meaning you don't have to hold your skis and walk to the lifts/slopes. They bring the skis out for you all the way to the slopes before you arrive.This was the whole new level of convenience and luxury of any ski-in, ski-out hotels. Of course the ritz stay comes with a premium price. For at least once in a season, why not splurge a little; it's worth it.
There were some minor inconsistencies with the housekeeping. The toileteries were not replenished on the second day, but on the third day, everything was replenished in doubles. So, not enough to complaint. Also, on the first night, the evening turn down service took away the wet robe from the bathroom, but did not replace with the new one. We didn't want to get charged for the missing robe. It felt embarrassing to call at night.
The only big negative was, the huge "hurt me" price tag of $35.00 per night of valet parking. In Tahoe ! Why so much, when the outside is so spacious.... Just because, it's a "Ritz".. Seriously, it is unfairly overpriced and especially at this location, ritz should consider reducing it to a reasonable price. We like to arrive and leave the hotel (like Ritz) in style, and love the valet service as it is, and as the only option for guest parking, but why not make it more affordable.
Other than this, our first time stay at this Ritz, northstar, was a very enjoyable and relaxing one. We are sold to come here again next winter.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a mid-mountain location on Northstar California, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain resort in California. Highlights include luxurious guest rooms and suites with in-room fire places and floor-to-ceiling windows; ski-in/ski-out access on Northstar California with ski valet services; a 17,000 sq ft slopeside spa with treatments themed around water and woods; extraordinary dining in Manzanita featuring rustic California cuisine with mountain resort influences; a signature "Marshmology" experience each evening at the fire pit featuring the “Art of the S’more"; and a comprehensive children’s program allowing parents to make the most of their Lake Tahoe vacationDuring the winter season, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe’s mid-mountain location provides for ski-in / ski-out access to Northstar California, consistently touted as one of the nation’s best family-friendly ski resorts. With a slope-side location on Northstar’s “Big Easy” run, the ski-in/ski-out access can be enjoyed by skiers and riders of any level. When you are ready for a day on the mountain, simply head down to mountain concierge where the ski valets will assist you with your boots and escort you to your skis and poles waiting on the slopes. Northstar offers world-class grooming and provides a plethora of family activities in the Village at Northstar accessed from the hotel by an intermountain gondola. At the heart of the Village is a 9,000 sq ft ice skating rink surrounded by cozy fire pits and a variety of options for shopping, dining and entertainment. During the summer months, Northstar transforms into family-friendly playground offering the region’s best mountain adventure. Families and their four-legged friends will love hiking the easy loop to Sawmill Lake. After a day on the mountain, guests can gather around the fire pit with The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Marshmologist for complimentary s’mores, enjoy cocktails on the resort’s heated outdoor terrace or enjoy a game of bocce in the backyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal , Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.