Our trip began during a winter storm.
We did have chains with us, but in case someone would like to know:
On highway I 80 you will be pulled over to make sure you have chains.
You can have chains installed on your car for $30.00 or do it yourself.
You can then have them removed for $15.00
After struggling to remove our chains, next time we think $15.00 is a bargain to have them removed if you are not accustomed to doing this.
The Ritz is one of the most lovely large scale resorts we have ever tried, so our experience with larger resorts is limited, that is just for your reference.
Things to know about the fees here:
1. If you travel with a dog it is $125.00 one time pet fee.
2. There is a daily fee for your car of $35.00
3. There is a daily resort fee of $25.00
4. Spa treatments, for your convenience, have a 20% gratuity added, BUT you can adjust that fee up or down depending on your experience.
On our third day we did discover that room service would deliver an order from the Manzanita restaurant. (Highly recommend).
For those who prefer their bed a little softer, housekeeping was more than happy to add another feather bed to our bed. Worked like a charm.
Now some things to consider, our room was at the far end and next to the Gondola pad and ski area. At night the snow machines do run and are very loud. If you are a light sleeper this maybe something to discuss about your room preference.
I have two requests to leave with the hotel:
1. Spa food on their in room dining menu.
2. A pet sitter or an area with kennels or a place for you to kennel your dog on the property. Since you cannot leave your pet alone in a room, which we understand, and it is far too cold to leave your dog in a car, you will be with your pet all the time. Since we love traveling with Edward not an issue for us.
And in the end…we loved our time here and the spa was all a spa should be and then some. The staff is everything people have commented on, they are caring and friendly. This was a perfect winter experience for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring a mid-mountain location on Northstar California, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain resort in California. Highlights include luxurious guest rooms and suites with in-room fire places and floor-to-ceiling windows; ski-in/ski-out access on Northstar California with ski valet services; a 17,000 sq ft slopeside spa with treatments themed around water and woods; extraordinary dining in Manzanita featuring rustic California cuisine with mountain resort influences; a signature "Marshmology" experience each evening at the fire pit featuring the “Art of the S’more"; and a comprehensive children’s program allowing parents to make the most of their Lake Tahoe vacationDuring the winter season, The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe’s mid-mountain location provides for ski-in / ski-out access to Northstar California, consistently touted as one of the nation’s best family-friendly ski resorts. With a slope-side location on Northstar’s “Big Easy” run, the ski-in/ski-out access can be enjoyed by skiers and riders of any level. When you are ready for a day on the mountain, simply head down to mountain concierge where the ski valets will assist you with your boots and escort you to your skis and poles waiting on the slopes. Northstar offers world-class grooming and provides a plethora of family activities in the Village at Northstar accessed from the hotel by an intermountain gondola. At the heart of the Village is a 9,000 sq ft ice skating rink surrounded by cozy fire pits and a variety of options for shopping, dining and entertainment. During the summer months, Northstar transforms into family-friendly playground offering the region’s best mountain adventure. Families and their four-legged friends will love hiking the easy loop to Sawmill Lake. After a day on the mountain, guests can gather around the fire pit with The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Marshmologist for complimentary s’mores, enjoy cocktails on the resort’s heated outdoor terrace or enjoy a game of bocce in the backyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Hotel Truckee