I booked a "loft style" Village room, but was very concerned because of the online reviews. However, at the late date that I made my booking, the loft or hotel style rooms were the only ones available in the Village through the Northstar website. Since we did not have a car, being in the Village was a must for us. I was very pleasantly surprised when we checked in. Maybe we were lucky, but the unit was better than I expected based on the online reviews I had read. The kitchen had been remodeled with granite counter tops and nice appliances. The bathroom also had a granite counter. The flooring in the entry, kitchen and bathroom was a nice stone flooring. The loft in general was fairly nice. It was by no means a "luxury" unit, but the website does not imply that the "Village Rooms and Lofts" are luxury units. For example, the "Village Rooms" are described as "Cozy, convenient, casual, simple". The "luxury" units are the Ironhorse, Big Horn and other condo units that are booked through the Northstar website, but are managed by "Tahoe Mountain Resorts Lodging". The "Village Rooms" and Village Lofts" are managed by "Northstar". I don't know if we just got lucky with a nice loft room, but our room was clean and we were happy with it. We were on the 3rd floor and had no problem with noise. The daily maid service and great attitude of all the Northstar staff we encountered was an added plus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar California Resort beckons visitors with its 3,170 skiable acres of impeccably-groomed trails and dramatic glade skiing; variety of luxury and family accommodations; and penchant for food and wine which highlights the best of California's freshly-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Distinctive detail imparts a true sense of California laid-back luxury and style - from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe's slopeside elegance, mountain-view patios, award-winning spa and decadent cuisine, to The Village at Northstar's fine boutique shops, restaurants, movie cinema, 9,000 square-foot skating rink, heated cabanas and fire pits perfect for roasting S'mores. Deemed the best resort for families by Outside Magazine, Northstar California's intimate yet approachable atmosphere offers a year-round retreat which pours forth world-class ski and ride programs, culinary excellence and unique traditions which together offer an experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Village at Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee