We stayed here in March 2013 in one of the "hotel-style rooms". Booked through Northstar website, which had 4 photos of possible rooms. The first two were recently remodeled and looked great, the second two looked older but still not too bad. When we arrived we could immediately see that we were not in the brand new "Village" building that is shown in panoramic shots all over the website, including the booking page for the hotel-style rooms. Rather, we were in a decrepit depressing building which we soon found out housed our decepit depressing room. Shag carpeting, loud cranky wall heater, ancient bathroom, and a bit farther away to all the shops and a very long staircase up to the gondola. Definitely not "ski in, ski out" as advertised.
I called the front desk to complain about the room and ask to be moved to one of the new rooms in the new building and they gave me the run around for awhile and even tried to tell me they had "nothing to do with" our reservation. Hmmm...I made my reservation through the Northstar website but the front desk had nothing to do with it. Finally she admitted that there were no remodeled hotel-style rooms, all the hotel-style rooms were in the old building. She didn't sound at all apologetic even as I pointed out the photos on the website that showed the new rooms, nor did she offer us any sort of compensation for our disappointment. We felt tricked. Would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar California Resort beckons visitors with its 3,170 skiable acres of impeccably-groomed trails and dramatic glade skiing; variety of luxury and family accommodations; and penchant for food and wine which highlights the best of California's freshly-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Distinctive detail imparts a true sense of California laid-back luxury and style - from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe's slopeside elegance, mountain-view patios, award-winning spa and decadent cuisine, to The Village at Northstar's fine boutique shops, restaurants, movie cinema, 9,000 square-foot skating rink, heated cabanas and fire pits perfect for roasting S'mores. Deemed the best resort for families by Outside Magazine, Northstar California's intimate yet approachable atmosphere offers a year-round retreat which pours forth world-class ski and ride programs, culinary excellence and unique traditions which together offer an experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Village at Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee