Our family of 4 stayed for 5 nights at Northstar the week after the President's weekend holdiay. We had booked a 2 bedroom 1 bath condominium unit several months in advance. A couple of days before our trip, we decided to arrive a day early in order to get there before a big snow storm but the condo we rented was not available so we were given a room at the 'Northstar Village Rooms' which the booking agent described as a hotel room conventiently located in the village. The location was convenient but the room was a dump, not even motel quality. It looked like it hadn't been remodeled in 20 years and the bathroom was ridiculously small. Also, at 4am we were awakened by a truck that was unloading product for the village outside our window. On top of everything, they had the nerve to charge $400/night for the room. It was a bad way to start the vacation. Luckily, the rest of the trip we were able to stay in the condo. The condo was attractive, clean, roomy, and had nice full kitchen. It also had 2 decks with a beautiful view of the forest. We have stayed in the condos before and the quality does vary a little depending on the owner, but we have always had a good experience with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar California Resort beckons visitors with its 3,170 skiable acres of impeccably-groomed trails and dramatic glade skiing; variety of luxury and family accommodations; and penchant for food and wine which highlights the best of California's freshly-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Distinctive detail imparts a true sense of California laid-back luxury and style - from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe's slopeside elegance, mountain-view patios, award-winning spa and decadent cuisine, to The Village at Northstar's fine boutique shops, restaurants, movie cinema, 9,000 square-foot skating rink, heated cabanas and fire pits perfect for roasting S'mores. Deemed the best resort for families by Outside Magazine, Northstar California's intimate yet approachable atmosphere offers a year-round retreat which pours forth world-class ski and ride programs, culinary excellence and unique traditions which together offer an experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Village at Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee