Our family of four HIGHLY recommend this resort.
Just got back from spending 5 wonderful nights at a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo managed by Northstar at Tahoe Resort. We stayed in the Aspen Grove on Silver Strike Road. We could have easily walked to the village, but used the free and very convenient on-call shuttle instead. For dinners in the village, we just drove 2 minutes and parked in the free 2 hour parking zone.
The condo #3102 was very clean and fresh. It wasn't ultramodern, but we really couldn't have asked for more. Our condo was rated a "Silver" so I can only guess a "gold" condo would have been completely renovated. Ours was nicely furnished with a fully equipped kitchen and washer and dryer. It also had a gas operated fireplace that burned provided wood. The layout of the condo was the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms downstairs, and then stairs led up to the kitchen, dining area, living room, laundry room, and fireplace. Both floors had balconies.
We had 2 complaints: The heating system was difficult to adjust since the thermostat was in the same room as the fireplace so the top floor would be warm but too cool in the bedrooms. Also if you are a light sleeper the heater was loud in the master bedroom when it came on during the night. The second bedroom was too warm but closing off most of the heating vent made it comfortable for the kids to sleep.
Other complaint: the sofa was nice looking but offer little support--you just sunk into it--not very comfortable.
The DVD didn't operate but management replaced it that day and left detailed instruction on how to go between cable and video modes.
Since we stayed 5 night, housekeeping efficiently changed towels, removed trash, and did light clean up on 3rd day.
We also highly recommend the ski school offered by Northstar. Our children (ages 13 &10) learned so much in 2 days of semi private lessons (called Ultimate 4 Package).
We'd recommend for lunch and dinner: Tavern 6330', Manzanita at the Ritz Carlton, and The Pub in the Village and Gar Woods near the Lake.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar California Resort beckons visitors with its 3,170 skiable acres of impeccably-groomed trails and dramatic glade skiing; variety of luxury and family accommodations; and penchant for food and wine which highlights the best of California's freshly-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Distinctive detail imparts a true sense of California laid-back luxury and style - from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe's slopeside elegance, mountain-view patios, award-winning spa and decadent cuisine, to The Village at Northstar's fine boutique shops, restaurants, movie cinema, 9,000 square-foot skating rink, heated cabanas and fire pits perfect for roasting S'mores. Deemed the best resort for families by Outside Magazine, Northstar California's intimate yet approachable atmosphere offers a year-round retreat which pours forth world-class ski and ride programs, culinary excellence and unique traditions which together offer an experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Village at Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee