Just returned from four nights at Northstar's Ski Trails condo during spring break. My family had never been to Northstar before.
Pluses: Family oriented, friendly and professional staff, easy to get to from I-80 and Truckee, well run ski area with lots of grooming, the new village ice rink and surrounding retail/restaurants are tasetefullly developed and a fun gathering spot. Our kids enjoyed skating and bungee swinging. Highly recommend the pizza restaurant there -- reasonable, friendly, good pizza, ,kid friendly. Skiing is not Heavenly or Squaw Valley but the intermediate runs are long. The back side is rated black but it was mostly groomed when we there and those are the best runs -- and least crowded -- on the mountain.
Minuses: The Ski Trails condos are still stuck in the 70s despite some updated kitchen appliances. The new condos in the Village are much nicer but of course, extremely expensive. No hot tub or pool -- you have to take a bus to the Rec Center and fight the crowds. For the money, the condos do not compare to more updated and spacious lodging at other desintation ski areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar California Resort beckons visitors with its 3,170 skiable acres of impeccably-groomed trails and dramatic glade skiing; variety of luxury and family accommodations; and penchant for food and wine which highlights the best of California's freshly-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Distinctive detail imparts a true sense of California laid-back luxury and style - from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe's slopeside elegance, mountain-view patios, award-winning spa and decadent cuisine, to The Village at Northstar's fine boutique shops, restaurants, movie cinema, 9,000 square-foot skating rink, heated cabanas and fire pits perfect for roasting S'mores. Deemed the best resort for families by Outside Magazine, Northstar California's intimate yet approachable atmosphere offers a year-round retreat which pours forth world-class ski and ride programs, culinary excellence and unique traditions which together offer an experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Village at Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee