We stayed here for a week's vacation in early August. Being experienced Tahoe visitors, we have explored most of the lodging options around the lake over the years. In the recent past, we have usually stayed in the Village at Squaw Valley. Since the change in ownership there, however, it has become just too expensive. We booked into the Northstar Aspen Grove studio condos for 5 days at $100 per day which included golf range balls, passes for the gondola, and rec. center passes. We found the condo to be fully equipped, clean, and quiet. While obviously not new, it felt more like a comfortable home than a hotel room. Because most of the lodging at this resort is privately owned and only managed by Northstar, you are at the mercy of the private owners taste and budget. Be advised that these condos do not have elevators so you could potentially be climbing 4 or more flights to get to your condo from the parking lot level. Also, the entire resort property is on a steep hillside so depending on your location you might have an uphill hike to the village proper. While the rental options are spread over a larger area, an excellent free shuttle runs on demand. The rec center is excellent with both a separate family and adult pool area, tennis courts, kids video game room, and adult quiet area. Northstar has over 100 miles of trails available for downhill mountain biking with separate well-marked hiking trails. The golf course is well maintained and not crowded. We found every employee we interacted with polite. The front desk folks were especially helpful giving us a free bike trail map of Tahoe after we mentioned we were bike riders. It's possible to be perfectly happy spending a day or 2 completely at the resort and then exploring North Tahoe. King's Beach is only a short 10 minutes away over the Brockway summit (where you can find easy access to the Tahoe Rim Trail). All in all, we were very pleased with our stay and recommend Northstar at Tahoe.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar-at-Tahoe™ Resort is host to a recently completed $55 million base area village featuring movie theaters, conference spaces, and 35 unique shops, galleries, California-based specialty stores and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Amex, EasyToBook, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Northstar California Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.