We spent a week at Northstar's Ski Trails condos in January. Upon arrival the condo had dirty placements on the table, hairs on the bathroom floor, dirty kitchen counter tops, and holes in the sheets. Worst of all, over the phone the had assure us that our family of 5 would be perfectly comfortable in the condo. Turns out, the condo sleeps 4, and then has some awful vinyl sleeping mats which they consider to be an adequate 5th bed. There isnt even a 5th chair at the dining room table! So for a week one of us had to take turns perching on the armrest of the couch to eat. The front desk's inability to or disinterest in resolving our situation was a joke. In general there seemed to be a lot of disorganization at Northstar, we had reserved rental equipment by phone and email, and when we got there there was no record of our reservation. We paid for a snowboard class the night before, and when we went the next day, there was no record of our payment.... On the upside, EVERYONE working in the lifts, at Guest Services, on the Mountain was incredibly friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northstar California Resort beckons visitors with its 3,170 skiable acres of impeccably-groomed trails and dramatic glade skiing; variety of luxury and family accommodations; and penchant for food and wine which highlights the best of California's freshly-sourced, seasonal ingredients. Distinctive detail imparts a true sense of California laid-back luxury and style - from The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe's slopeside elegance, mountain-view patios, award-winning spa and decadent cuisine, to The Village at Northstar's fine boutique shops, restaurants, movie cinema, 9,000 square-foot skating rink, heated cabanas and fire pits perfect for roasting S'mores. Deemed the best resort for families by Outside Magazine, Northstar California's intimate yet approachable atmosphere offers a year-round retreat which pours forth world-class ski and ride programs, culinary excellence and unique traditions which together offer an experience of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Village at Northstar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northstar-At-Tahoe Hotel Truckee
- Northstar At Tahoe Truckee