“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Truckee
Benicia, California
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My two-night stay at The Inn at Truckee was a great experience. The room was very clean, and was updated at some point. The entire property is non-smoking, which was a bonus. Although they do allow pets, I didn't hear any during the night. I called the front desk with a question about the TV, which only got one channel. The employee on duty came to the room immediately (within 2 minutes) and fixed the TV. (The cable receiver had fallen behind the set.) The other staff I dealt with were very friendly and professional. Although it's near the highway, I heard no traffic noise with the AC on. I highly recommend IAT, and would stay there on my next visit to the Truckee/Lake Tahoe area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Truckee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was a little worried when my husband booked this hotel, but it turned out to be just fine. Room was outdated, but clean and comfortable. It was a great value in the Truckee-Tahoe area. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

By Tahoe standards, this hotel is inexpensive and a great deal. We stayed one night. Room was basic, clean, and comfortable. No compliants. The staff was very informative, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was as expected; bagels, muffins, danishs, oatmeal packets, englsih muffins, juice, coffee, hot chocolate. We very much appreciated the complimentary breakfast. Considering this was a quick overnighter so we could be close to the slopes in the morning, it was exactly what I expected for the price I paid. We would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

This is by far the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. I was in town on business and needed a place to stay. While the location is convenient to the freeways and highways as well as the lake and food, it is in severe disrepair.

Walking into the hotel it smells old and musty. The windows walking up the stairwells are dirty on the outside and inside with dust and bugs on the ledges. The room "seemed" pretty clean but when taking off my shoes and walking to the bathroom, my feet were black- and that's not an exaggeration! The carpets hide dirt but are filthy. The bathroom was mildewey with peeled and cracking plaster. I've never stayed in such a dirty place and I've stayed in many budget hotels worldwide. I wasn't expecting a luxury room here, but I do expect cleanliness in a hotel no matter the price. I won't be staying here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone else. We didn't even eat the continental breakfast because my thoughts were- if the room is so filthy what is the food going to be like? Thumbs down for this place!

• Stayed August 2012
Lincoln CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We needed an inexpensive room for just one night and didn't need any costly extras like a pool and such. The Inn provided just that, a clean room that was in good shape where we could get some rest for an early fishing expedition in the morning. The breakfast was minamal but the wife was OK with it, I was not. The help was courteous, location good and all in all it was perfect for our needs especially the price which can be a problem in Truckee. Other reviews here seem negative about cleanliness but that was not our case, though it might be a room to room thing since our room, 108, was not that bad. I don't know if it means anything but we noticed a lot of highway workers (lots of highway maintenance going on on I-80 during the summer) stay here and the place fills up most nights.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hawthorne, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a dirty place. Hair in the bathtub, carpets are wet, floor in bathroom is really slick and there is dirt everywhere. When you look at the tile in the bathroom and the tops are covered with about an inch of dirt it is time to steer clear of this place. We stayed here because they are pet friendly but this is not worth the money. If it were a 20.00 room it still would be to expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: keep going