We were skiing in Tahoe for few days and chose Donner Lake and I'm really glad we did. The location is fabulous. I personally find smaller lakes more charming and cozy. We had a 1 bedroom suite at the end of the building next to the lake so we faced the lake on both sides of the living room.
The accomodation was spacious. Things were on the more basic side but the view was unbeatable. It was great to come back at the end of the day and cook dinner in the full kitchen.
We thought it was really good value overall (they were running a mid-week special). And the drive to Squaw Valley was convenient and scenic (20 min) though a bit far from Heavenly (about an hour on the Western Shore passing by amazing vista points like Vikingsholm)...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Donner Lake Village is a year-round condominium resort nestled in the pines on the west shore of Donner Lake, one of the Sierra Nevada's most charming and beautiful alpine lakes. Our friendly staff can help you plan your visit, too. Encounter serenity in a one or two-bedroom suite, studio or spacious room complete with microwaves, refrigerators and FREE high speed wireless internet. Easy access to year round activities. In summer enjoy our private beach and marina with boat rentals. In winter hit the slopes at eight nearby world class ski resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Donner Lake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donner Lake Village Hotel Truckee
- Donner Lake Hotel
- Donner Lake Resort
- Donner Lake Village Resort