“Love Trinity Lake Resorts & Marina” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trinity Lake Resorts & Marinas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinity Center
Trinity Lake Resorts & Marinas
You added Trinity Lake Resorts & Marinas to your Saves list
45810 State Highway 3, Trinity Center, CA 96091   |
Eureka, California
“Love Trinity Lake Resorts & Marina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

For 11 years I have been coming to Trinity Lake Resorts & Marina for a scrapbook retreat! I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to do any kind of retreat. The lodge/work area is large and suitable for many people. We have seen some changes in staff over the last 11 years, but all of them have been amazing to work with. We are always treated like their own and when we need anything, they are more than willing to help. My ladies can't wait to return every year!

When I read some of these reviews, I was very disappointed in them because one thing you must keep in mind...this place is rustic and the cabins fit perfect in this setting. Because they are out in the woody area, you do find occasional critters or bugs, leaves and dirt on the decks, etc.... SO kill the bugs and sweep the deck! It's to be expected in cabins like this! For the last 8 years I have worked very closely with Shannon, the GM and she is awesome and very accomodating. Anytime I need something she makes sure it gets done. This year she even cooked for us because they are without a cook right now. Who does that? I have never found anyone at the Resort difficult to work with!

My ladies can't wait for next year and the years to follow! I tried changing the location one year to make it a little closer to home and none of them wanted to even think about staying any place else. It is beautiful and so relaxing!

Just keep in mind for future reference....it's beautiful, relaxing, rustic and a great get-a-way! Just what you should expect in a place like this.......I would stay some place like this over a 5 Star Hotel anyday! But to each his own....

I highly recommend this to anyone that wants this kind of vacation.

Room Tip: Cabin 8 has 5 beds and 2 bathrooms and Cabin 12 (two story) has 4 beds and two bathrooms. Our favor...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fortuna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My sister got married here on September 8th on the deck, it was a gorgeous wedding. The problem was with the General Manager. We had been planning this wedding for over a year with this facility and everytime we talked to them something changed. We were quoted different prices, different information about the bar, different information about the noise curfew - almost everytime we talked to them it was something else. It got to the point that I was taking notes and when that wasn't good enough for her I started faxing so that I would have the information in writing - it still changed. We finally asked for a contract, after a couple of revisions it was finally correct. I called her on things everytime which would frustrate her and me both, at one point she even refused to talk to me when they were charging us the wrong rate on our cabins - not very professional.

If it wasn't for Melissa at the front desk, and Shannon the chef, our experience would've been a complete nightmare. These two went out of their way to make up for all the mess that the General Manager (another Shannon) created.

All in all it's a beautiful place to get married, but you better have someone (hopefully other than the bride) to keep track of all of the conversations that you have so that you get what you're expecting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fortuna, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We rented two cabins for a weekend recently. We had to cancel one of the cabins on the day we arrived as many of our friends were fire fighters and were called away. The staff was very rude about it and tried to take our entire payment as compensation. There website states that they would take the first nights payment and I had to argue with the lady there over it. Then we tried to rent a deck boat and lady informed us there were none available and we had to rent a much more expensive boat. Come to find out the next day at the dock the deck boats were not all rented out (their employee told us so). On top of all this, they hold a deposit for the same amount of the boat rental, and forget to mention they plan to hold it for 7-10 days before refunding it. They also blamed the delay of the refund on my bank, who said they had no record of the release of the deposit back into my account. Not to mention that you can't check into the cabins until 2pm and you have to check out by 11am, and you have to do all the cleaning of the cabins or they charge you an hourly cleaning fee. None of these things they mention when you make the reservation. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and some of the appliances were broken as well. I would not go back to this resort. Would have rather stayed at the campground!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Trinity Center hotels

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family and I stayed two nights in these cabins by the lake. I spent the first night in tears. Our cabin, which was not cheap, was a long way from the lake, the back "yard" was littered with cigarette butts and candy wrappers, the picnic table was filthy, our TV didn't work, and there was no propane tank on our BBQ grill. When we went to report these things, all of the staff, except the cook, had gone for the day. I will say that the cook was very nice and did fix our grill and TV that evening - because we happened to catch him on his way out. The next morning, I went to report all of the issues to the extremely discourteous and unhelpful manager, who, of course, had the day off that day. The accountant helped us to the extent she could, and she was pleasant and kind. The worst thing was that the resort charged my credit card the full day of boat rental PLUS THE FULL DAY RENTAL AS A DEPOSIT, so double the rental amount, the day I made the reservation - two full months before our visit, essentially borrowing $700 of my money for two months. The lake was beautiful, but the business practices of this resort will keep us from returning.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else and visit the lake. Make your boat reservation as close as possible to your dat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
McKinleyville, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We're camping people, but for my 30th birthday my boyfriend rented us a 6 person cabin to raise the special for the weekend. The websites pictures are of the huge cabins, so that was a little deceiving, but overall the place was great. It accommodated the 9 of us (with NO room to spare) and the bathroom handled all the abuse. The kitchen was awesome! Fully stoked (cast iron, coffee pot, and every type of utensil you could need). The back "patio" was a little disappointing but we made do. The cabins are fairly close together so your experience could definitely be flavored by other folks. The lodge was a bunch of fun-great bar tender, karaoke night was fun, the staff was nice. We also rented a boat slip and when we altered the reservation there was a little resistance but we worked it out. Overall, I would recommend this cabin experience for someone looking to do something more special than camping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Orangevale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We booked 9 nights in a 10 person cabing at Trinity Lake Resorts at Cedar Stock. There are 9 of us ranging in ages from 11 to 46.
The 10 person cabin says it is a 3 bedroom with full kitchen, 2 bathrooms & a deck with a view of the lake. I was a little worried when I couldn't find any decent pictures of our cabin on their website, nor do they have any brochures, resort map, nothing. We arrived to find that yes, it does have 3 bedrooms, surrounding the tiniest living/dining/kitchen area I have ever seen. If all 9 of us were to be in the main area at once, we would have to be sitting, there is so little space. There were 2 little tables with 3 chairs each. I'm not sure where everyone else was supposed to sit for meals, I guess we could have eaten in shifts. The deck was also small, with not enough room for all of us. We asked if there were any larger accomodations, this wasn't going to work for us. They were very accomodating & offered us the 8 person cabin, which although larger, wasn't much better.
The 8 person cabin is a 2 story with an upstairs room with a partial wall down the middle & 2 beds in each section, and an open stairway. There is one dresser in one half of the room & an overstuffed chair in the other half. No closets, end tables, not even those luuggage racks that you see in hotel rooms. No wall or door separated top from the bottom, just an open stairwell, absolutely no privacy. Sleeping was...interesting. Of the 5 upstairs windows only 3 had screens (lots of flying insects in the mountains), this made air circulation not so good.
The downstairs is a large, open room with kitchen, living & dining all running together, and the bathroom (yes, this was separate!). There is a big kitchen table that seats 8 (we brought a patio chair in & made it 9). There are 2 couches & a coffee table with a decent amount of room in living room area. TV (small, but it works fine) and Dish. The kitchen area is very small, with only room for one person to be there at a time. The few cupboards that are there are already filled with the utensils they provide, so there wasn't much room to store the food we brought.
The deck was very large, with a large table & plenty of chairs, even for our group. Gas BBQ was decent. The view of the lake was decent. Very quiet & beautiful in the mornings. Although be sure to wear shoes, the deck gave more than one of us a splinter or two.
I should mention the bathroom, a decent size, but a super small shower. We are small people, most of us weigh 140 or less, but that was a tiny shower! There is no fan, and the window opens to the parking area & has a view of the cabin next door. Not so private.
The cabins aren't bad, if you know what you are getting into. Our problem is that with so many different ages, we have very different sleeping habits. There is absolutely no privacy, and you can hear everything from both floors, so trying to sleep when there were still people up was impossible.
My big complaint is the cleanliness & the cleaning policy. We go on vacation to relax, not clean. We always clean up after ourselves, this I expect. This is the first time we were required to completely clean the cabin...yes, completely. A sign next to the door said cabin must be completely cleaned or they will assess a $65 per hour cleaning charge to my credit card, & then proceeded to list where the mop, bucket, broom, vacuum & bathroom cleaning supplies were stored. There is no mention of this on the website, nor on the confirmation I received in the mail, nor did the staff mention it at check-in. There is no other paperwork, so other than the sign, you are not notified.
The overall cleanliness of the cabin was not good. It needed a good cleaning before we got there. The floors were relatively clean, as were the kitchen & bathroom area, but there was dirt lining the edges of the floors, especially in the bathroom. Whenever someone showered, the damp floor mat would then pick up the red dirt along the shower edge, making it look very dirty. There were cobwebs everywhere. All throughout the rafters, around the windows, in the windowsills, above the windows, in the corners of most rooms, even within reach. There was a pile of (?) gritty looking something in a corner of the bedroom. We tried not to think about what it was & just vacuumed it up. An hour of good dusting & vacuuming could have taken care of this and made the cabin much more presentable.
We also rented boat slips for our boat & jet skis. The docks leading out the rental slips are in great condition, relatively new looking. But when you get to the rental part, the docks are very splintery (I picked out more than a few from our family members' feet), and the plastic bumpers on the corners of the docks are old & when touched leave a sticky substance similar to gooey duct tape adhesive on your hands, which proved very difficult to wash off.
All the staff we met were friendly & accomodating. We revceived fresh towels, t.p. etc. whenever we asked. They switched our cabins without a problem & even refunded us the difference from the larger to the smaller. The workers on the dock were equally friendly & helpful.
The lake is very beautiful. We explored the trails running from the cabins around the lake & they were really scenic. Not too many people, even on the weekends.
All in all our stay was decent, but could have been better if we knew what we were getting ahead of time, and the cabin had been cleaner/better maintained.
One last note - they told us there is no wi-fi, not true. If you go near the restaurant/bar/office, you can pick up wi-fi for free, just not in the cabins. The cell service is really bad, we had AT&T & Sprint & could not get service on land, just random spots out on the water while were were skiing. Met someone with Verizon & they were getting spotty service near the office.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Trinity Lake Resorts & Marinas? Share your experiences!