I recently spent 2 weeks at Golden Beach hotel so got to know it well.
This isn't a luxury hotel but it's clean, simple and has excellent service
- The overall price for the accommodation was very reasonable
- Food is excellent and good value for money
- Staff were very friendly and service was always given with a smile
- location - less than a minute from Golden Beach which is a great Parikian beach
- Good wifi connection
Could be better
- Rooms could be a bit better decorated, though for the price they were good
- Breakfast could be a bit more inspiring and provide more fruit - found it difficult to know what to eat in the mornings
- although the service was almost 100% exceptional, I did find the morning of my departure very stressful. I had asked the previous night whether it was worth booking a taxi for the next morning, to go to the port (I was catching the ferry to Athens). The staff member I spoke to basically said no, that it would be fine to book it 30 min before I needed it. So I rocked up 30 min before my departure time the next morning and asked to book a taxi only to be told I wouldn't be able to get any taxi as they were all full (basically taxis get booked out around the time that the ferries are running) and that my only option was to catch a bus that would leave in 10 minutes. At that point I hadn't even finished packing, hadn't checked out and the bus stop was a 5 min walk so you can imagine how stressed out I was. So I had to run to the bus stop with a 23kg bag and somehow I just made it. Given that most tourists seem to rely on the ferries, I do think the hotel staff could have been a bit better informed and it was totally conceivable that I would have missed my ferry. Apart from this incident, staff were lovely.
Other things to point out
- if you're going for windsurfing beware that the beach is very gusty indeed, so it can feel like a struggle compared to some other more constant locations like Dahab, Mauritius and even Tarifa
- Location is a bit isolated (buses are very infrequent and it takes around 30 minutes to get to a town of a decent-ish size)
- There is no pool (but who cares, the beach is a stones throw away)
So overall if you're looking to chill somewhere that's good value for money, are ok with no frills but a clean room and great food then this is your place. Also, if you're an excellent windsurfer, then it totally makes sense to stay here too