“Great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Golden Beach
Golden Beach Hotel
Golden Beach 84400, Greece   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Golden Beach
London
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently spent 2 weeks at Golden Beach hotel so got to know it well.

This isn't a luxury hotel but it's clean, simple and has excellent service

Positives
- The overall price for the accommodation was very reasonable
- Food is excellent and good value for money
- Staff were very friendly and service was always given with a smile
- location - less than a minute from Golden Beach which is a great Parikian beach
- Good wifi connection

Could be better
- Rooms could be a bit better decorated, though for the price they were good
- Breakfast could be a bit more inspiring and provide more fruit - found it difficult to know what to eat in the mornings
- although the service was almost 100% exceptional, I did find the morning of my departure very stressful. I had asked the previous night whether it was worth booking a taxi for the next morning, to go to the port (I was catching the ferry to Athens). The staff member I spoke to basically said no, that it would be fine to book it 30 min before I needed it. So I rocked up 30 min before my departure time the next morning and asked to book a taxi only to be told I wouldn't be able to get any taxi as they were all full (basically taxis get booked out around the time that the ferries are running) and that my only option was to catch a bus that would leave in 10 minutes. At that point I hadn't even finished packing, hadn't checked out and the bus stop was a 5 min walk so you can imagine how stressed out I was. So I had to run to the bus stop with a 23kg bag and somehow I just made it. Given that most tourists seem to rely on the ferries, I do think the hotel staff could have been a bit better informed and it was totally conceivable that I would have missed my ferry. Apart from this incident, staff were lovely.

Other things to point out
- if you're going for windsurfing beware that the beach is very gusty indeed, so it can feel like a struggle compared to some other more constant locations like Dahab, Mauritius and even Tarifa
- Location is a bit isolated (buses are very infrequent and it takes around 30 minutes to get to a town of a decent-ish size)
- There is no pool (but who cares, the beach is a stones throw away)

So overall if you're looking to chill somewhere that's good value for money, are ok with no frills but a clean room and great food then this is your place. Also, if you're an excellent windsurfer, then it totally makes sense to stay here too

Room Tip: I'd pick a room upstairs with a balcony and sea view (there are rooms facing the back so the vie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visited this hotel, due to a friend weeding in September - month with fewer visitors than August. Photos in the internet site showed a very stylish - sea theme small hotel with nice and cool public spaces (restaurant, bar...). When we arrived we found the owner in the reception. i had booked 6 rooms and at least one with sea-view. Eventually we stayed in the no-sea-view rooms, with the attitude that ''these are what i have now''. Completely [--]...Our room had the toilet so close to the shower, where my legs when sitted were inside the shower...not at all spacious area ......In the breakfast area, when i asked for more croissants, as there weren't any in the basket, the [--] owner said ''TOMORROW OTHER NEW CROISSANTS''. I must say again that the hotel was not full, and the time i was there was around 08.30 in the mornig, nearly at the begging of the breakfast time.....The sea in front the hotel is nice, the food in the restaurant is nice, but the high rudeness of the owner order no reservation there again....

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are very few...strong arrangement is requiered..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Apeldoorn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had a wonderfull holiday in july 2012; most friendly atmosphere, very ! good kitchen, relaxing+++, directly at the beach, good abilities for windsurf.
Personnel attending bar/kitchen/front desk are warm and kind, I miss them already!
Rooms very clean, beds ok.
we stayed as a family of 4, with our two sons (17 and 20) who were there for windsurf. They also met the easy going nightlife in surrounding bars at the main road and Naoussa.

Marius

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have spent two summers at the Golden Beach Hotel in Paros, age group from 15 to 50.

Coming back to the family owned Hotel this year, met with open arms by everybody who works there....that says it all. Relaxing and easy going, clean, nice food, great service. Always positive and helping out with everything from booking boat trips, calling travel agents, serving us in the best manner.

Golden Beach is the place to be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

This hotel is very nicely decorated with very good taste. It looks like a first class hotel. It is right on the beach with a beach front bar and a restaurant. The staff is friendly and helpful, always trying to accomodate you. The only problem is a sewer problem: at times the smell is really bad. That is really a shame because otherwise this hotel is top notch.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Golden Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!