“Fantastic 5 stars, maybe even 6!” 5 of 5 stars

The Vandees Boutique B & B
2C Lime Kiln Lane, Aghalee BT67 0EZ, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Aghalee B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic 5 stars, maybe even 6!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Must admit, I'm not normally a B&B person, but what have I been missing! No sooner booked and had contact from the owners by email. Good directions given if needed and contact numbers. JP and Noreen are a lovely couple. It was a solo stay as I had a function to attend nearby. JP provided transport to and from, really appreciative of that. The house - what can I say but fantastic, beautiful property. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable and great big bathroom. Most importantly very clean throughout. Great nights sleep, but they saved the best to last - the breakfast, wow. Honestly, this B&B puts hotels to shame and I will most definitely be making a return visit in the new year. A lovely part of the world, but just didn't have the time this trip to see it. A definite 5 star experience.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here when we were guests at a wedding in the area and had a brilliant time. The B&B is beautiful, uniquely decorated, stylish and very comfortable. The location is lovely, set in the middle of green countryside.

The owners Noreen and Jean Paul were very friendly and helpful from the first inquiry. Great email and telephone communication to arrange for the five of us to stay. They provided complimentary transport from the B&B to the wedding and back at the end of the party. Jean Paul was great entertainment on return to the B&B, where we all had a glass of wine and chatted. The next morning we woke to a delicious home cooked Ulster Fry (with continental option).

They also posted me my earrings which I discovered I had managed to leave behind.

Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed with Jean-Paul on our journey through Ireland. We were sad that we missed meeting Noreen as they are obviously a special couple who have created a beautiful and unique home.
Every possible need has been thought of, with a super comfortable bed with feather duvet and pillows, a well appointed bathroom with fluffy towels and every extra one might wish for.
Jean-Paul made a recommendation and a booking for dinner for us and even offered to run us there.
Breakfast was served to a background of Irish music which we took away as a CD.
This is a gorgeous place to stay, and we were sorry that we could not stay a little longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Noreen and JP welcomed me into their home and I immediately became part of their family. Their warmth and hospitality made my stay into one of the most unforgettable experiences I have ever had. Nothing was too much trouble and their friendliness and love of people was apparent. I long to go back there sometime and would rate this as highly as I can.

Room Tip: Alll rooms are amazing and have their own unique charm
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for the night, after going to a wedding in Rivervale Barn. Our stay was fantastic, we wished we could have stayed another few nights. Everything about the B&B was totally unique, amazing art work and lovely decor. The bedrooms were total luxury, with great attention to detail. The beds were really comfy, and the power shower in the morning was just the ticket! Breakfast was delicious, with fresh fruit, a perfect fry, and homemade banana bread to finish. The owners made us feel so welcome, they were totally accommodating in every way. We can't wait to visit again and we will be telling all our friends to check it out for a luxurious and relaxing getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed with Noreen and JP at their wonderful B&B for a weekend treat... And what a treat it was! The welcome was warm and the house a fantastic boutique experience. Our room was beautifully appointed, with amazing attention to detail, and with the bathroom putting some of the best hotels I have stayed in to shame. We went out for dinner on Saturday night, and our hosts were kind enough to drop us off, and pick us up from the restaurant - Now that's what I call customer service! We arose late to, what I can only describe as, the best breakfast I have ever had. We were waved off sometime after the great 'full Irish' start to our Sunday by our hosts, but we will be back! I cannot recommend the Vandees enough. Thank you Noreen and JP - see you again soon!

• Stayed October 2012
Larne, Co Antrim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We were looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay and chose the Vandees B&B. We were not disappointed. The location is tranquil and the room was lovely and furnished in a very individual way.
There were lots of special touches including homemade biscuits in the room and a welcome drink was offered. We received a very warm welcome from JP and Noreen and they gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner. The breakfast next day was of excellent quality including a beautiful fruit salad and quality sausage. The presentation was excellent. We wished we could have stayed longer and had time to explore the local area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Vandees Boutique B & B? Share your experiences!